CHAPTER 6: THE BARRED ROOM.

Echo.

An unsettling sensation washed over me as the pack link ritual with the lycans came to an end. It was as if my wolf, my very essence, was being forcefully pulled away from the familiar embrace of my pack. The connection that had once bound us tightly now felt distant and fragmented. My wolf felt lost and disconnected, and it overwhelmed me. The disorientation grew, causing me to stumble and lose my balance. Darkness crept at the edges of my vision as I fought to stay upright, but my body gave in to the overwhelming sensation. I fainted, succumbing to the weight of the disconnection.

When I opened my eyes, my eyes struggled to adjust to the dim lighting of the room. I found myself lying on a soft, plush bed, surrounded by the comfort of well-furnished surroundings. The room exuded an air of luxury, with elegant furnishings and ornate decorations adorning the walls. It was a stark contrast to the cold and rustic atmosphere of the lycan pack's territory.

I pushed myself up, my gaze sweeping across the room. The furniture was of high quality, and every detail seemed meticulously chosen. A polished wooden desk stood against one wall, adorned with antique books and a delicate vase of flowers. On the opposite side, a cozy armchair beckoned me to sit and take refuge from the unsettling events that had unfolded.

But as I glanced towards the entrance, my heart sank. What I had hoped would be an escape route turned out to be a harsh reality. Instead of a door, sturdy cell bars obstructed my path, like a cruel reminder of my captivity. The iron bars stood tall and imposing, a physical barrier separating me from the outside world.

I approached the bars cautiously, my fingers reaching out to touch the cold metal. It sent a shiver down my spine, emphasizing my confinement. It was a stark reminder that I was trapped, a prisoner in this seemingly comfortable yet confining room.

With a mix of fear and determination, I shook the cell bars, hoping to find some sort of escape. But my efforts were interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps. My heart raced as I turned towards the noise, my eyes straining to see in the dimly lit room. Caesar emerged from the shadows, accompanied by another figure. The darkness shrouded the person's features, making it difficult for me to discern their identity. Caesar's presence alone sent a chill down my spine, and I could feel the weight of his gaze upon me.

His voice cut through the silence of the cell, filled with a blend of arrogance and malice. "Well, well, Echo. How do you find the new accommodations? How are you liking your new home?" he sneered, his eyes glinting with a sadistic delight.

I clenched my fists, fighting back the urge to lash out at him. This is not my home. And I will never accept it as such," I retorted, my voice laced with defiance.

Caesar chuckled, the sound grating on my nerves. "Oh, but you will, my dear. You'll learn to appreciate the luxury I've provided you. It's a far cry from your pathetic werewolf existence."

I glared at him, refusing to let his words break me. "Luxury? Is that what you call this? I see nothing but a gilded cage, a facade of grandeur masking the truth of your cruelty."

His smile twisted into a wicked grin. "You're a spirited one, Echo. I do enjoy a challenge." He took a step closer, invading my personal space. "Just remember, resistance will only make things harder for you. You should consider yourself lucky to have my attention."

A surge of anger coursed through me, but I fought to keep my composure. "Luck has nothing to do with it, Caesar. I am not here by choice, and I will never submit to your twisted desires."

Caesar's eyes flickered with a mix of amusement and irritation. "We shall see, won't we?" he taunted. "I will return in a few minutes to see how you've adjusted to your new surroundings. Be prepared, Echo. I expect you to be obedient."