Chapter 26

Don't forget to go back and read chapter 25 before this, there was a problem with the update so most of you didn't get the notification.
.................
*unedited*
I was scared, I was scared and nervous shitless. Just the thought of me walking into the wedding made me anxious and insecure. I couldn't help not to stare back to the women that was staring back at me in the mirror, she looked so different that what she used to look like before. Two years ago, she was pale, heartbroken, sad, and recently lost most of the people she cared about. But today, today she looked healthy, strong, and confident like a person who finally got her life together. She's not the same person she was, I'M not the same person I was back then.

Yes, I did say that I'm stronger and more confident now, but at that moment I was insecure and anxious. I stared at the dress I was wearing in the mirror, a charcoal colored Shona Joy cocktail draped dress that my mum left on my bed. The dress was beyond gorgeous, I however do not have the confidence and the body to pull it off. Even the make felt weird, it wasn't something I'm used to wear. It wasn't wearing much makeup tough, I had my eyebrows done, eyeline, mascara, nude lipstick, and a bit of highlighter; it somehow made me feel insecure.

"Stop stressing yourself, you look stunning" Jonathan said.

I looked back at him and gave him a smile. He, well he looked how he looks every other day; he was dressed in the usual formal cloths he wears for work, which he looks absolutely handsome in like always.

"The wedding is about to start" He said as he walked out.

I looked back to the mirror to notice that he stopped by the door.

"Hey, gorgeous lady" he called making me turn around "Will you give me the honor of accompanying me to this lame ass wedding that I don't want to go to?" he chuckled as he offered his arm.

I giggled as I walked to him, I then linked our arms and followed him, Fern and James to the backyard. I felt more insecure then ever when I walked out to the backyard, everyone eyes directly fell on to me and they started whispering. Jonathan arm dropped from mine and went directly around my waist, he pulled me closer to his body and gave me a kiss on head.

"I'm sure that Jayde wouldn't mind me pretending to be your boyfriend for the weekend while we're here" he whispered.

I gave him a thankful smile and mouthed 'Thank you' to him.

"Could everyone take a seat please, the bride and groom are about to enter" a woman called.

Jonathan tugged me to the seats, we sat in the middle raw next to some of Sam's family. I sat there and watched Nathan as he walked in with a little kid, which I assumed that was his son, they were dresses in matching dark gray suits. When Nathan's eyes fell on me, he gave me a small smile and a nod, I gave back a small smile then looked away.

When the bridal music started, I felt my heart ache from nervousness. I watched as Sam, who looked more gorgeous than ever, walk behind the little girl from Nathan's picture as she attempted to throw flowers all over the floor along with another kid.

I sat there during the whole wedding, watching them as they said their vows and did all that wedding shit. I didn't have any harsh feelings; I wasn't mad, I wasn't sad, and I wasn't hurt. I was happy for them, I was happy that they ended up together, they belong together. I was happy that it wasn't me who ended up on that alter with Nathan, because I know that type of life isn't for me, I'm not cut for marriage life.

*Later that day*

'Just turn and run, Alex, turn and run' My mind said, but it was too late.

As soon as I was about to walk away, Noah's mum turned to me with the biggest smile.