Dinner

~Lyri~
"So Lyri," Jane, Ethan's little sister turns to me, "did Ethan cast a Harry Potter spell on you or something?" She questions.

I raise an eyebrow while chuckling slightly. "No, why?"

"Because he must have had to put you under a spell in order to make you fall in love with him."

"Jane!" Ethan exclaims embarrassed. Their parents gave her a stern look before looking back towards me.

"Actually, I knew we were meant to be something the moment I called him back for his 50% off men's underwear." I smile lovingly at him.

His cheeks turned bright red as Mrs. Morgan and Jane bursted out laughing and Mr. Morgan choked on a piece of his roast.

Thankfully the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Mrs. Morgan stands up and sets her napkin next to her dinner plate that was originally sitting in her lap. "Benny! Sarah!" I hear Mrs. Morgan squeal with happiness. Benny and Sarah are here? Sweet!

"Benny?" Ethan questions excitedly. Of course, Ethan is super excited about seeing Benny. I'm just glad that he isn't so excited about seeing Sarah.

"Ethan! What's up? It's been so long!" Benny pulls him into a bro hug. The type of bro hug that Ethan is uncomfortable with. Sarah walks around the corner and gives me a shy wave. I quietly waved back. Ethan pulls away from the bro hug and smiles. "It's so nice to see you again. Did you hear the news about Lyri and I?"

"Duh! Why do you think I came down here?" Benny chuckles.

Autumn came popping after, along with Rory and Alyssa, then Alyson and Maria walking in together.

"Uhm, who are all these people?" Mr. Morgan questions.

"Oh, they're our old high school friend group." I smile at each and everyone of them.

"And what are they all doing at my house?"

Benny spoke up. "We heard the good news and that they were coming to town, so we surprised them! Surprise!" He smiles. Ethan shakes his head. "You couldn't have done it after dinner?" He questions. Benny shrugs. "You know how I like grand gestures. Remember how I asked Autumn out?" He playfully nudges Ethan's arm. I could see Autumn blushing silently in the corner.

"Well, Ethan's friends, come join us for dinner." His mom spoke. Everyone, with hungry eyes, sat down immediately and dug in.

•____•

Sorry Lyri, that it took me so long to write this. And I know that you're in math class write now with Mrs. Rose and too busy but I had time on my hands in biology.