F O U R

Thomas couldn't sleep.

He laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The rest of the Gladers had fallen asleep, Aris and Alec continued to stay in what was originally the girls' room.

He found it astonishing that everyone could easily sleep after that day's events. He reached for his neck to touch the tattoo.

"To be killed by Group B, ridiculous," he muttered. Thomas wondered if Amelia and Teresa with the other group, they had to be.

Recalling the episode they had today, he still found it strange that the decaying bodies of their deceased rescuers had disappeared while they were interrogating Aris and Alec. And the fact that the Cranks, as they called themselves, had gone. The outside had been replaced by a brick wall, covering every centimetre of open space. The only source of light left in their room was the panels on the ceiling.

Everything that had happened was definitely confusing, to everyone, not just him.

Teresa? Thomas called out. Hoping to get a word back, although he doubted it. Where are you? Why aren't you contacting me? Are you and Amelia okay? Ter-

Get out of my head!

Thomas sat up in his bed. It was her. It was definitely her. Pressing his first two fingers on both hands to his temple, he called out to her again.

Teres-

Whoever you are, get the shuck out of my head! She screamed. Her words were so audible, so vivid, that he felt lances of pain in his ears and behind his eyes.

What are you talking about? It's me, Thomas. Where are you? His eyes were closed as he concentrated.

Shut up! Her mental voice flooded with fear and anger. Just shut up! I don't know who the shuck you are, leave me alone!

Thomas was completely at a loss. Teresa, what's wrong?

There was a long pause, so long that he thought she wouldn't... couldn't... reply anymore.

Leave me alone, or I'll hunt you down and cut your throat. I swear it.

Then she was gone. Ignoring the warning, he attempted to call out to her again. No reply. Thomas fell back on the bed. He hoped that Amelia was with her, okay and unharmed.

Eventually, he fell asleep.

-

Wincing as Thomas got out of bed, he rubbed his eyes and spotted Newt.

"Nice to know you got some sleep," Newt spoke. Thomas looked up at the older Glader who sat at the edge of his bed.

"Anything new?" He asked. Newt shook his head.

"Nothin's happening. No food, no exit. Guess we just have to wait around for somethin' new. Yesterday was certainly exciting." Sarcasm dripped from his tone.

Thomas looked behind the blond, the rest of the Gladers were awake. He realised one Glader was missing.

"Where's Minho?" he asked, concern laced in his voice.