T E N

Thomas sat up immediately, gasping for air. A nightmare woke him up - something about Newt, Minho and Amelia being cornered by a bunch of Gone Cranks, the Cranks held knives and they were fuming. The first spill of blood jerked him away.

He looked around, scared that he had yelled or said something. The cab of the truck laid in the darkness of night. He could barely see Amelia who laid on her back, he wasn't sure if her eyes were opened. All he could see was her silhouette.

"Nightmare?" Thomas sighed upon hearing her question. He settled himself and closed his eyes.

"Yeah. I can't quit worrying about my other friends, you know? I just hate it so much that we were separated." He heard shifting. He opened his eyes and faced her direction. He could see by the shadow that she laid on her side, facing him.

"It's going to be okay. We'll find them, don't know how, but we will," she reassured. Thomas sighed, doubting their chances. "But, don't stress your heart. If you want something to worry about, worry about our survival."

Thomas sighed again, he knew she had a good point. He can't be moping around while she takes initiative and actually keeps them alive. If they don't manage to run back to the team, there's a slightly good chance they'd meet again at the Save Haven.

"You're doing a terrible job at making me feel better." Amelia let out a small laugh, Thomas smiled at the sound of it. He had never heard her laugh before, it sounded like music to his ears. "Sorry, I was never the best at it."

He asked about the knife that she used to stab the Gone Crank with. He didn't see her grab anything other than the bags when they returned to the food storage. Nor did he see her have any other weapons than the bow and arrows.

"In a world like this, you need to have more than one weapon, T. I kept it in my boot for safe keeping. You can have it, though, since you don't have any weapons. I have an extra in my other shoe." Thomas slowly nodded at the new information.

"We still have a few more hours until the sun comes up. Wanna continue sleeping or talking?" she asked. Thomas thought about it, before asking about why she didn't remember him. He knew deep down she did remember, WICKED just wanted to play with them.

"I'm telling you, T. I'm sorry, you must've had a different girl in the Maze. Coincidentally, we have the same name." Thomas wasn't buying her answer, he thought it was bullshit. He pushed her further. "I'm going to sleep. Night, T."

He sighed, hearing her shift to face the opposite side. He regretted pushing her, it's just... He knew something was up when she denied but glanced at him when Jorge asked about it. If WICKED was messing with them about Teresa's warning, they could be messing with them about Amelia's memory.

WICKED had to be aware of their relationship if they were watching them. Alby's words "You were their favourite, Thomas" went through his mind. If they had a relationship before the Maze, WICKED had to be aware of it too, right?

"Author, please fix my goddamn relationship already," Thomas muttered. He rolled over to his side, trying to get some sleep for the next day.

"If only you knew, T. If only you knew." Thomas heard Amelia whisper, he didn't think much about it when he drifted asleep.

The first traces of dawn were what Thomas saw first when his eyelids fluttered open. He rubbed his eyes and stretched. He sat up, yawning. He looked over at Amelia.