Chapter Three: Surprise!

Surprise!

“Gather our weapons. Garen, carry them. Hurry.” Xin Zhao instructed upon passing the weapon’s quarter.

“What?! But I’m carrying a ba-”Garen couldn’t finish his sentence when he felt a tingling sensation ran through his nerves.

Xin Zhao glared daggers at him. “Are you going to obey me or do you want your blood to splatter throughout the whole castle?”

Garen gulped.

“N-no. As a matter of fact, I’ll obediently carry all the weapons, Celestial.” He stuttered.

“Good. Let’s go.” A smile appeared on Xin Zhao’s face.

I think he’s already in a stage called andropause, Garen thought.

Dragon’s Nest

Garen and Xin Zhao made it to the Dragon’s nest to gather energy and power. They successfully dodged all the attacks.

When Jarvan saw the Dragon, he couldn’t help but stare at it in awe. “Wow.”

“Celestial, we have to retreat. We can’t take this thing.”Garen said, referring to the dragon.

“Do not be afraid, Garen. We shall defeat this creature for our lord.” Xin Zhao assured him.

Garen nodded. Then shook his head.

“What?! I’m not afraid!”

Xin Zhao ignored him and proceeded on fighting the dragon.

“By my will, this shall be finished.” He simply stated.

“Eh?!”Garen leaned to Xin Zhao’s shoulder and whispered, “Isn’t that our lord’s chant?”

Garen swore he saw Xin Zhao’s cheeks turn bright red with embarrassment. “I was using it in our lord’s name.” He said defensively.

“No, you didn’t. You said ‘By my will’.” Garen teased.

“Garen,” Xin Zhao calls to him.

“Yes, Celestial?”

“You’re dead!” Xin Zhao said, and lunge into him. And the chase began. Xin Zhao was chasing Garen from behind when...

RAWR!

They stopped when they heard the roar of the dragon. “We shall discuss this later, Garen.”

With that, Xin Zhao proceeded on his spell.

“By my will, this shall be fini-!” This time, Xin Zhao shouted it, raising his arms. But he was cut off with a shout – a loud shout.

“What is it now?!” Xin Zhao bellowed.

“M-Mi-Mi-Mimimimi-” Garen stammered. Panic was in his tone.

Xin Zhao grabbed Garen’s shoulders and shook him. “Garen, calm down!”

Garen breathed in and out. He tried to calm his self. “Whisper it to me.” Xin Zhao said.

“Our Lord! He’s gone!”  Garen shouted as loud as the thunder. Xin Zhao’s ears even hurt. Xin Zhao slapped him without any second thought.

“My ears hurt!” Xin Zhao said, “Wait, where’s our lord?! You lost him?! How dare you Garen!”

“I didn’t! He was on my back the last time I saw him!” Garen assured him.

RAWR!

“Yehey! Go Dragy!!” A joyous squeak was heard from above.

“Dragy?!” Garen and Xin Zhao said in sync. They turned to the direction where the scream came from. At the top of the dragon, there sits Baby Jarvan taking full control of the dragon.

“Lord!” They chorused again.

“Hello Xin and Garen!!” Baby Jarvan greeted.

To be continued...