6- Mom Mode: Activated (AU)

Third Person

Since Cerebia was quite busy often, and not only hated to spend time away from her sons, but felt bad for doing so, she made it up by either taking them out somewhere, or bringing them gifts. Souvenirs even.

With Poseidon who knows where, she had a city to run, but it never stopped her from being a loving mother, unlike her not as loving husband had been. In fact, it was something she prided herself on it. Everyday, while she visited all over Atlantis to take care of business, she constantly would seek out something to bring the boys home.

She'd find cool rocks she'd know Joe would love for his collection, or new foods that Cody would always be willing to try, even if it didn't smell or look good. Every once in awhile, she'd even bring back toys, treats or even people they could meet and talk with. Their curiosity knew no bounds, so talking with people they never knew was always something they loved.

No matter if she was a queen or just a regular woman, her motherly instincts would never fail her. More times than Rasmus could count, he had to ask her an obscure question, and she could answer immediately, and accurately. Hiding places, strange fears, even their "Secret" language the boys were making, she knew it all.

So, when spending time in the Fourth Sector with the farmers, she was trying to find something to bring home, while also doing her job.

"You're saying you think one of the other farms is sabotaging your crops?" She asked lightly, doing her best not to incriminate anyone before she knew anything. Because of her position, she had to be careful with what she said.

The woman crossed her arms and nodded firmly. "Henry has been envious of how tall my corn is for ages, and now I'm finding whole patches of damaged crops out in my fields! How else would it happen? I have pest control!"

Cerebia gave her a skeptical look. "Can you show me where this damage is?"

"Well of course!" She answered right back, grabbing her arm and immediately started to jog over to her fields. Cerebia was jerked around at first before quickly adjusting to the speed and staying with her. The woman only slowed down once they were a little ways away from the crops.

She was right, someone had definitely done something to them. The stalks were bent and snapped, some of them even looked a little trampled, but Cerebia was able to stop one similarity between them all.

"Where's the corn?" She asked, turning towards the farmer.

They just shrugged. "I dunno. Probably took them. The community 'round here does hate to waste food. Eat everything on your plate, I've been taught that since I was young!"

A cry for the woman's name made her glance back. "Uh oh. One of the kids must've gotten pecked by the chickens again and started crying. I swear they never learn to stay a safe distance away from them when they get irritated!" Her eyes traveled back to the queen. "Call me if you need any more help, mmkay?"

Cerebia nodded, allowing the woman to jog back to her barn. She found herself straying away from the site. The corn didn't have any clues that she could see, so maybe surrounding the area would.

The queen strayed further and further away from the site, but nearly yelped when she came across something she didn't think she'd find.

Back at the farm, the woman went back to the place where she left the queen, but didn't find the queen herself. She glanced about until noticed her standing a little outside her farm, right next to a large patch of coral. "Hey!" She hollered. "You find anything?"

"No, but I don't think a person did it!" Cerebia yelled back. The woman clicked her tongue, but figured going after an animal was worth her time and waved her goodbye, yelling 'Never mind' as she did. The queen waited until she was gone before peeking into the coral again.