Chapter 1 - Trapped

Hans sat, face in his palms, in his prison cell in the Castle of Arendelle. Every citizen of Arendelle and the Southern Isles despised the criminal prince for his evil deeds. Although he was hated, Queen Elsa would occasionally visit the lonesome prince because she knew what it was like to be in solitude. She still disliked him because she knew that he had planned on murdering her and her sister Anna, and also knew that he still wanted to.

It was a rainy, depressing day in the Kingdom of Arendelle. The majority of the citizens remained indoors, except for one man.

Prince Hans.

He knew that a day like this would be a good day to escape. It was very risky at night because the amount of guards on duty was increased. He'd melted the iron bars of the cell window with his fire powers. No one knew of these powers because he'd been fortunate enough to have the incredible strength of controlling them. He knew that without the love of his parents or his twelve older brothers, he'd have to be strong.

He couldn't just prance like a ballerina in the streets of Arendelle. He had to be tactful with every step he took. He snook around an alley way which linked a group of small houses. He crept close to a tall wooden fence, out of the view of people living in the houses.

The rain began to fall with anger, accompanied by raging thunder and lightning.

"He's over there!" screamed a female voice.

Hans turned around. He saw the Queen in her blue dress that she wore when he was going to mercilessly kill her. Behind her was two tall, muscular guards, armed, one with a bow and one with a sword.

"Shall we get him, your majesty?" asked the guard with the bow. He was a little smallr and less muscular than the other guard. He still brought an equal amount of authority and slight fear in people, though.

"No, I shall take care of this myself. You two can go back to the castle," replied the Queen. The guards both looked puzzled, but still followed the Queen's orders.

The Queen instantly began to chase the escaping prince. She created paths of thin ice under her feet so she could slide to catch Hans faster. Hans sprinted, creating barriers of scorching fire. Eventually, the two reached a far away mountain - even further than the one Elsa had escaped to previously.

"Ahh!" they both screamed, as they fell into a deep crevasse on the side of the mountain. Elsa tried to create a staircase of ice like the one that led to her ice palace to escape, but she was too weak after chasing Hans for miles. The most she could create was a small flurry in the palm of her hand.

Under the weight on the two, a thin sheet of solid snow began to crack beneath them. The crevasse was deeper than they thought. Hans jumped out of the way in time but Elsa didn't react quicke enough. Hans sat, heart racing after the fear of falling previously, on a part of the crevasse which stuck out. He never noticed that the Queen of Arendelle was currently on the verge of death.

The snow completely fell apart and Elsa was left hanging by her hand on the edge of the rock that Prince Hans was sat on. The Queen screamed but only the evil Prince could hear her cry. He smirked as he watched Elsa desperately trying to get out.

"Please, help me, Hans! What can I do?!" Elsa pleaded, which only made Hans smirk more. He had made a Queen weaken in front of him and not just any Queen, but a Queen he despised.

He stuck his hand out towards Elsa and she grabbed it desperately. The Queen's heart began to race much harder because she knew that Hans could quite easily let go.

But he didn't.

The Prince hoisted Elsa out from the deadly crevasse.

"Thank you, Hans. How can I repay you?!" she asked, but she had no time to reply because she had fainted in his lap.