Chapter 6 - Kindness and Cruelty

Hans sprinted in the direction the cab was being taken. He saw it arrive at an old cottage at the far end of this kingdom. Elsa was forced out of the cab, chained and shackled and forced into the cottage with the creepy men.

Hans neared. He was too scared to enter and so watched silently through the front window. The men tied Elsa against the wall. They tried to steal from her and found nothing of value. Annoyed at their wasted find, they began beating and hurting Elsa.

Hans pretended not to care. After all, Elsa was the bane of his existence. he continued watching, seeing the largest, toughest man draw out a long, silver sword. Hans flashed back to when he drew out his sword, prepared to kill the defeated Elsa. Elsa thought of the same thing. The men inside grinned evilly as Elsa struggled. She, like with Hans' brothers, shot ice, failing and just making a small ice pile below her.

She tried applying her queenly authority but they weren't interested.

Hans looked away.

"Arghhh!!" Elsa cried, the sword slicing a deep cut into her left leg. Hans couldn't stand it any longer.

"Let her go!" he commanded, barging in through the door. Elsa was shocked to see Hans, her nemesis, trying to save her. He shot fire at all of the men, scaring off about a quarter of them. He then created a ring of fire around the remaining men. All but one jumped over the fire startled and headed out the door in a hurry. The only one remaining was the one armed with the sword.

Elsa watched, in pain, as the sword was about to behead Hans. Although he almost did that to her, she couldn't bare it. She created a solid tower of ice with all her effort in front of the man. The sword shattered against the ice, leaving the man to run in fear. He had no defense. Elsa was completely drained and terrified. She slipped, her body hanging from the shackles. She stared at Hans, shocked by his actions.

"H... Hans?," Elsa stuttered, struggling a lot.

"Your leg, Elsa, it is bleeding heavily," Hans said gravely, almost feeling sympathy for Elsa.

Hans kneeled in front of Elsa, holding her face up with his hand. She tried hard not to look directly into his eyes because she still hated him.

"Elsa, look at me," Hans said. Elsa swallowed and looked into Hans emerald-green eyes.

"Are you all right?" Hans asked, concerned. Elsa became very weak and slipped again, almost fainting. Hans unshackled her by melting the metal of the chains and shackles. Elsa attempted to stand.

"Ahh!" Elsa squeaked, tripping on her severely injured leg. She fell, falling into Hans arms.

"Glad I caught you," he said. Both of them giggled nervously.

"I can't... walk," Elsa stuttered weakly, grabbing on to Hans' sleeve. He was wearing the pyjamas still from back in the forest. They could easily be warm as clothes, though. He wore dark red bottoms, with a vest of unsaturated orange.

"Elsa! Oh my god your leg! Are you all right? My god what kind of question is that?! Of course you're not!" Anna shouted, bursting through the door. The guards had caught the main criminal - the one who'd sliced Elsa's leg.

Although Elsa was weak, the room began to freeze. The sword man was scared, aware of how capable Elsa could be.

"Ahh!" Elsa screamed angrily, standing up out of Hans' arms and shooting a ball of hard ice at the sword man. He whimpered a little, begging Elsa to spare him some mercy.

"Wow! Elsa! Didn't know you had it in ya!" Anna giggled, staring at the shivering man on the floor. Hans and the guards giggled too.

"We better get home and sort Her Majesty's leg out before it gets dark," the bow guard said, pointing at the darkening sky.

It took around an hour before the three cabs arrived in the kingdom of Arendelle.

"Kristoff!" Anna dashed off, meeting her fiancé at the gate of the castle. Kristoff had proposed to Anna two weeks before.

Elsa watched in envy as she saw her sister happily in love, soon to be married. Hans watched the couple in the same way. Elsa looked at Hans, and Hans looked at Elsa.

"They're so adorable together, aren't they?" Elsa said, forgetting her hate for Hans.

"Yeah, I'd love to be in a relationship like that," Hans replied. The two cut their conversation, awkwardly standing beside each other.

Elsa did some thinking. Why am I talking to a man who almost murdered me and Anna? she questioned herself. She reminded herself of her hate for Hans and decided to remain strong and Queenly.

"Guards, what is Hans' punishment?" Elsa asked.

"He was to be hanged, but he will be spared for obeying us and rescuing you. Punish him however you want, ma'am," replied the sword guard.

"Fine. Imprison him," Elsa said, maintaining her authority well. Hans clearly wasn't happy about this, but thought not to say anything.

---

Hans sat, lonely, in his cell. All the other cells around were empty, due to the low crime rates of Arendelle. The sword criminal had been imprisoned in his home kingdom, back in the kingdom he'd mugged Elsa, Anna, him and the guards.

Hans began engraving a tally of his days in the wall. The cell was dimly lit and darkly coloured. There was one bedm very dirty and old (like the one back in the forest before it was remade by Elsa). The hygiene and toilet facilities were not in his cell. The guards would allow him out every five hours for the toilet and every two days for a cold shower.

"Hello Hans," softly spoke Elsa's voice. He stood from his bed, not bothering with a manly posture or a form of greeting. He just stood, hanging his head, looking and feeling depressed. He prepared to fire a flame at Elsa, but didn't have the strength. The idea of being hanged wasn't very pleasant.

"You're to be shackled in heat-proof chains, Hans. We cannot trust you to escape again," Elsa said, pleased with this decision. Hans began to get angry but he couldn't react because a guard had come over and had shackled him tightly, connected them to the stone brick wall with a nail.

Hans felt defeated. Elsa laughed as she watched how helpless Hans was, struggling to escape the shackles. Flames were visible through the shackles but they didn't melt at all. Elsa giggled more, happy to see her nemesis struggling. He landed on his knees, pulling and pulling, trying to get to Elsa and hit her, kick her... whatever he could do to cause the horrid Queen of Arendelle harm.

"Arghh!!" Hans cried in anger.

"Just let it go, Hans," Elsa smirked. Elsa wouldn't leave the cell. She teased Hans like crazy, pulling his strings, pushing his buttons.

Snap!

The chains had been pulled straight off the wall.