Chapter 46 - Psychotic

The male person held me firmly up against a wall, with his hand over my mouth still. I couldn't see who it was, because of the darkness. I tried to speak, but it only turned into muffled sounds. The feeling of having a stranger, perhaps a murderer, in front of you with this much control... It's indescribably horrifying. "I'm tired of searching, just get the fuck out!" the male voice from earlier yelled. It wasn't the person who held me who yelled... I wanted to ask who he was, but he held his hand tightly over my mouth so that I had no chance of speaking. "Remain quiet, Elaine," he spoke with a hoarse voice. He moved his hand hesitatingly and slowly. I was gonna say something, completely forgetting the consequences of such, but he was quicker than me. Again, his hand covered my mouth. "He will kill us both," he warned, his voice failing him at the last word. I nodded slightly and swallowed oddly. "Yes, indeed," the psycho smirked behind the other guy's back. "Run!" I gasped.

Only I got to run away, the one who tried to protect me got taken by the psycho. There was just something oddly familiar about his voice. Something so wonderful, and lovely. I just can't find out who it reminded me of? His hand was soft and cold, like mine. When I think about it he kinda reminded me of... Manu? I immediately ran as quick as I could in the direction where the psycho went. Outside, a bat stood, probably the psycho's. I grabbed it without hesitation and took a deep breath. I could hear someone catching their breath and making weird sounds. "Was that your girlfriend, huh?" the psycho asked, chuckling right after. I kicked open the door, using all my strength, a strength that surprised me actually. "What the hell?" the psycho growled as he turned around. I saw Manu laying on the floor with blood running from his nose and mouth. "You tried to kill him?" I asked angrily. Manu's head heightened, and I could see that he was watching me. "You can join him if you'd like," the psycho snapped. "There's no way in hell!" I scoffed before I pushed him with the bat. I only did it to free the way so that he wouldn't attack me suddenly. The bat hit him so hard that he kneeled down, struggling to catch his breath. Manu's jaw dropped at the sight of the pyscho like that. If he gets to me now... there's no way I'll survive. "He deserves to die anyway," the psycho muttered. He turned around, looking up at me. I quickly cast a glance at Manu, seeing him nod at me. I quickly kicked the psycho hard enough for him to fall backwards. His head hit the wall which caused him to pass out.

I stared at the psycho who was laying only some meters away from me. Keeping distance from him felt safer, but I felt the lust to check his pulse. He wasn't moving yet so I carefully took a step closer to him, but I got stopped by an arm grabbing mine. "Let go," I stuttered. "Stop it, Elaine," he said. "Don't you dare tell me what to do," I hissed, slightly pushing him away. He fell down on his back, with his hands first. I took a step towards the psycho, but once again, I was stopped. "You need to stop, Elaine," a male voice whispered. "Manu?" I frowned. He turned me around, exposing himself. "Your voice, it's back," I gasped. "Kinda, it's weak, but it's something," he answered, clearing his throat. The feeling of relief that I got when hearing his voice didn't last for long, instead, shock hit me when I saw Isaac on the ground behind Manu. "I did that?" I stammered. Manu nodded slightly, letting out a sigh. "Oh, God," I said, letting go of the bat immediately. "It's okay, Elaine. It's not every day that you knock someone out. Must've been a very intense scenario for you," Isaac said. I exhaled and nodded, he was right.

"I need you to listen, carefully," Manu said, almost in a whispering tone. I nodded and waited for him to continue. My face was so close to his, that I could hear everything he said clearly. I guess he did such to prevent any strangers' ears to hear him, and to let his voice rest, of course. "You're gonna have to leave without me, Elaine. There are traps everywhere in here, traps that are aimed specifically at me it seems like." "No way! I won't leave you here, not again," I argued, shaking my head. "It's wasn't a choice though." "I will not leave," I said. "Yes, yes you will." "You can die in here," I confronted him. "I need to solve something, if not, I'm dead anyway." "You're keeping something from me? We can't have all these secrets, one day they might become a danger to the both of us. You got me worried sick when you disappeared the last time." "I'm sorry, but there are things that others can't get to know, including you. There's no way in hell I will risk your life only to let you know some petty secrets," he answered. "Petty secrets? They sure don't seem petty. I'll stay with you in here, that's at my own risk." "No, Elaine." "Force me out then," I said. "Don't be like that," he sighed. "Be like what? Worried?" I asked. A hella loud sound got heard, and it surely wasn't the timer. "You need to go," Manu said, pushing me towards the door. "Why?" I asked worriedly. "They are coming."