Chapter 34

Arron eased over to Letta with a sympathetic face and stroked her dazed face, "Letta.. Look at me." Letta turned her dazed eyes to Aaron's handsome face and listened, "You are not a filthy whore. Don't ever think that."

Letta shook her head as she looked down, "I wish.." Aaron cupped her face as she continued, "I wish I never knew him or Emella. "

Aaron slightly smiled, "I would have never met you, my city would still be in ruins if not for you. As hard as it was to endure, look how much your suffering has accomplished. Anyone else would have given up, but not you."

Letta covered her face as she sobbed. Aaron pulled her shaking shoulders into his embrace. "I love you dearly wife."

Letta pressed his lips to hers as they continued what was interrupted earlier.

****************

Demetrio roared as he pushed open his bed chamber door to find Emella with two other men and a woman, "This is the last time you make a fool out of me!"

The party scurried as Demetrio pulled his sword out at brung it down on the bed. Emella barely dodged it; she sat silently as her chest heaved with fear.

Demetrio spoke through gritted teeth, "What happened to the plan?"

Emella looked away as she tried to remember, "The wine.. They swapped it somehow.."

Demetrio gave a sarcastic chuckle as he bit his bottom lip and shook his head, "What made you think they didn't suspect something? Especially after what you put her through. You have destroyed me, my governorship and almost the woman I love. You have made me a person she tried to save me from being. By the Gods I wished I never left her that morning, but my stupid ambitions were more important. I was and still am the fool."

Emella looked down with a frown as he spoke, "If you had just tried to loved me, I could have made you happy."

Demetrio stepped to her with a sad face, "You used deceit to get what you wanted. It is never meant to be and it never will last."

Emella started to sob as she covered her eyes, "Get out..." Her tear soaked face looked to him, "I said get out!"

Demetrio turned and quickly strutted out slowly closing the door.

Emella shook as she cried on the bed, "I hate you I hate you.. I hate you Letta.. You will die even though it might be my end. I will see to it myself."

***************
Letta was shocked as she was called to the dining hall by her husband's request. Inside stood Aaron, The Head Administrator and Demetrio. She turned her puzzled face to Aaron as he stepped forward, "Demetrio has something to say to you."

Demetrio cleared his throat as he stepped forward, "Letta, I have wronged you in the worst way. I have been cruel when you are the last person to deserve it. I have plotted against you and your husband, to try to separate you. I was a good man when I had you in my life. You made me want to be better. When I lost you due to my own faults, I feel into a dark place." Letta had tears easing out of her eyes as she watched him cry as he continued, "Please forgive me.."

Demetrio feel to his knees as he sobbed. Letta slowly walked up to him and lightly placed her hand on his head. Aaron stood with a flex jaw, he had a hand on his sword in case Demetrio tried anything. Demetrio looked up to her with tears, " Thank you.."

Letta looked to Aaron and nodded, turned and walked away. Demetrio started to sob again as he watched her walk out of his life forever.

Letta was in a daze as she walked back to her bed chamber. She gasped as she turned the corner. Emella had a deranged look in her eyes as she presented her knife, "You took everything from me, now I'm going to end you."