chapter four

Niall didn't have much to do the next day, he didn't have work to occupy him but decided to stop ignoring his growing list of errands and he was tired of looking into a depressing fridge with no food.

Bundling up in a rain coat as it was looking a bit gross outside he headed up the street to a nearby grocery store to get the essentials.

Once he finally arrived he shoot body in an attempt to get some of the rain off that has gathered on his coat and ran fingers through his hair in attempt to salvage what the rain has done to his hair. It was damp and limply laying across his forehead.

"Ah screw it, its not like I'm going to see anyone here I know" He mumbled to himself. Immediately making his way to the cereal aisle, minding his own business and he looked up and a saw a kind of familiar head of brown curly hair. This was odd as none of his friends had this kind of hair but something about the persons tall stature was something that looked familiar to Niall. As quickly as he noticed the person they disappeared around the corner and he decided it must has been a weird coincidence.

Rounding the corner to the next aisle he ran into someone he did know and never wanted to interact with again, Adam.

"Oh Niall! Hey! I thought I saw you earlier in another part of the shop... How have you been? He said awkwardly, scratching the side of his, obviously feeling uncomfortable.

This was something Niall really hadn't expected and didn't want to deal with. He hoped the next time he would see him, if ever, Niall would be calm, cool, and collected and act like Adam never broke his heart. But, this was seemingly the opposite of what was happening and Niall was mad at himself for letting himself get so bothered by this situation. Decided he wasn't even worth of an answer and he started walking away without as much as a look back.

"Oh come on Niall, don't be like this-" He grabbed Niall's arm. Niall gasped and pulled back harshly,

"Don't you dare touch me. Get the fuck away from me."

"Come on, please, can we...just talk?"

"No. I have nothing to say to you. Leave me alone." Adam reaches out to grab his arm again to stop him from leaving but Niall is too quick this time.

"Hey!" A loud voice yells from behind them, a voice neither of them recognized, "I'm pretty sure the guy just told you to leave him alone, so I suggest you do just that."

Niall looks back slightly shocked at this complete stranger coming to his defense, the man had to hood over his face, with his head down so his face couldn't directly be seen.

"Why don't you stay out of this, last time I checked this conversation was between and him and not you, who even are you?"

"Like I said, leave him alone, or you'll be sorry." His voice was deep and sounded angrier and more rough than the first time he spoke. Adam scoffed and started to leave, he didn't want to cause a scene in this grocery store and if Niall didn't want to talk to him then FINE.

"Uh, thank you. You didn't have to do that but thank you, I appreciate it." Niall said, now a lot more shocked that this kind stranger had the guts to step in.

"Don't worry about, stay safe mate." And he started retreating, not wanting this guy in front of him to recognize him, all he wanted was some groceries and didn't want it to escalate into something more difficult if he was recognized. Harry wasn't by any means self absorbed but he's seen too many innocent outings of his turn sour when someone recognize him as the "Harry Styles". He was so tired of that, he just wanted to be "Harry", not famous, not spectacular, just plain old Harry who could do things like go grocery shopping without people shitting themselves of it.

Niall of course had no idea who had stood before him moments ago and was just left to remember the deep, beautiful voice of the man who had gotten him out a situation that had the potential to turn ugly.

Finishing up with his groceries in a thankfully less eventful way, he decided to head on home. On the way home he walked past a new music store that had opened a few weeks prior that he's been meeting to visit. On a whim he walked inside to be met with a friendly worker behind the counter and saw a wall of the most beautiful guitars he had ever seen. Niall had limited guitar skills, he has always wanted to learn but just never did. He could read sheet music, it was just a matter of learning more than the two songs he knew by heart. There was a guitar somewhere in his storage closet but not as beautiful as the ones that were hanging before him, he had to make sure there wasn't any visible drool emitting from his mouth.

"You play?" A voice came behind him, he turned to see the worked he first saw when he came in.

"Not really, I know a couple of chords and a few simple songs, nothing to major. I have always wanted to learn more though" He admitted a little shyly.

"Well we actually do have guitar lessons here on Wednesdays if you were interested, I run them actually."

"Really? How much?"
"For someone as pretty as you, its free." He gave Niall a broad smile. This sent him into a blushing frenzy, he wasn't used to being flirted with, not since before he got together with Adam and he welcomed the attention he was being given.

"Oh is that so, I might have to give it a shot then." Flirting wasn't something that came naturally to Niall, in fact he usually managed to stumble on his words so that fact that hadn't happened yet was a step up for him.

"I'm Ashton by the way, I own and run this shop."

"Wait really? How? No offense but you seem so young."

"Well music is my passion and this something I've wanted for a while so I got up, moved here and made my dreams come true. It's possible you know."

"Wow that's actually impressive, not many people would be willing to do that."

"Yeah well I'm not most people." Niall smiled, he liked this Ashton guy, he felt like he was a positive ball of energy and he admired that.

"I am interested in those lessons, what time are they?"
"Usually between 12-6pm but you obviously don't have to stay the entire time, you are free to stop by when you can and leave when you want between those hours. Do you have a guitar?"

"Yes, somewhere in my storage closet, I'm sure I could dig it up, it was my great grandads so it's a bit rusty."

"Awesome, so I'll see you next week on Wednesday then?"

"I don't see why not." This was a good time to leave so Niall walked to the front door.

"Wait! I never got your name!" Ashton shouted at him before he was able to escape out the door.

"That's because I never gave it to you!" Niall laughed and decided to leave it at that, keep them waiting was always something he liked to do, smiling to himself. He could hear Ashton laugh too as he met the cold rainy outdoors and made his way home. His thoughts were occupied with the excitement to finally be learning more of the guitar and free none the less, and maybe even a little excited to spend more time with Ashton.