3. Daunting First Task

It’s been the longest several days for you. With the excessive amount of traveling back and forth from the dorm to the practice room so that they would be ready for their comeback. You would guess that doing the same thing everyday would become boring however something exciting always seem bound to happen.

The problem with sasaeng fans was getting even worse. You never knew that these boys had to deal with these kind of things everyday. You watched them work their butts off in the practice room and not being able to go anywhere to relax afterwards besides their dorm must be frustrating.

However, time passed even longer when the members exclude you from helping or lending a hand at all. After these couple of days, they were slowly becoming less wary of you and accepted that you were just here to be their manager and nothing more.

Chanyeol and Suho were the first two that fully accepted you. Then came Kyungsoo one day when you helped blocked him from a crazy fan putting something in his backpack. Sehun was pretty much indifferent towards the whole thing but he never ignored you like how everyone would in the beginning.

You would never expect Kai would be the last out of everyone to trust you. On the outside the latter was quite energetic, always breaking into random dances and pretty social. But you would never guess that he had a hard time regarding sasaeng fans.

By the end of the day, Kai knew you could be trusted because after all this time that he knew you, you would always keep your distance when they ask and never did anything to make them think otherwise.

Did this mean that they were no longer wary of you? No, far from it. The only member that’s been questioning your purpose for working with them was Baekhyun. You didn’t blame him. Knowing that he recently just had a huge accident, regarding sasaeng fans, you knew well enough to stay clear of him.

Despite you keeping your distance, you were constantly questioned. One time when you wanted to cook dinner for them since it was late and all of them were sick and tired of eating the same food everyday.

Baekhyun yelled, pointing his fingers you, saying how you would take that chance to slip something in their food and poison them. You just sighed and agreed to order food as the other members groaned in protest.

He wouldn’t allow you anywhere near his stuff and especially going into his room was forbidden. So any socially interaction with the latter was cut short with a glare directed at you. By now though, you were use to it.

It was way past 11 o’clock at night when all of you stumbled through the door, coming back from practice. The instructor was drilling them even harder since their comeback would be in 3 days. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was having the hardest time out of all of them.

Kyungsoo’s body was practically sore from head to toe as he collapsed on the couch, followed by the tallest member trailing close behind.

“Why is it always me that hyung pushes the most” You heard Kyungsoo complained as you set their bag of clothes to be washed (besides Baekhyun) down by the bathroom’s door.

“I’m taking a shower first hyung!” Sehun yelled to no one in particular and hopped into the bathroom, taking advantage of the hot water available.

Baekhyun was probably in his room, closing his eyes for a little nap before taking a shower. You made a note to yourself to remember to wake him up so that he wouldn’t get sick from not taking a shower.

“Hyung i’m hungry” Chanyeol whined to Suho. All the leader could do was chuckle and walked into the kitchen to try and find some food for his members.

You were busy loading the dirty clothes into the washing machine and didn’t notice Suho walking in, only to be scared by the sound of his voice calling your name.