0.5 >> mr. ghost face

Me and Sidney tried to run, but we were so close to the closet door that we got tripped up. His left hand had my leg while the other was swinging at Sidney, and she managed to get up, kicking him in the head and distracting him from me. We started running up the stairs, but Sidney got further than I did before the ghostface headbutted me and knocked me to the ground. He hovered over me, and staring into the cold void of the blacks in the mask was like staring into death itself. He traced the knife along my neck, but I lifted up my leg and kneed him in his stomach, getting up and following Sid, the man close behind on my tracks. 

We ran up the stairs, Sidney locking the door behind us. We looked at eachother, both thinking the same thing. "Holy fuck." I whisper, as she rushes to the phone. Out of service!? Seriously!? We go to the computer and register the number 911, as the man knifes through the crack in the door. Theres a knock on the window, and me and her both scream. But it was just Billy at the window, and all of a sudden the rattling of ghostface stops. He left.

We open the window for Billy, as we both fall into him. It's a group hug generic hallmark moment, until something falls from Billy's pocket. I don't pay attention to it, but Sidney looks down. It was a phone. Something clicks in our minds, as I push him away. Me and Sid are backing up, and she unlocks the door, running out down the stairs to the street. We start running again, and we hear the sirens already coming from afar. Theres no way Billy could've done it, I tell myself, but he had a mobile phone. In his pocket. And came as soon as the ghostface left. I hear Billy call out our names, but we don't look back.

I open the door for ur to run out of, and there's the mask waiting for us. We scream, then the officer holding it up screams. 

Nicolle and Erin are running down the street, just as Tatum's car pulls up. Tatum gets out and starts asking what the hell is going on, Nic and Erin following close behind. Me and Sidney are a rambling mess about what happened, but a police officer I recognized who was on campus yesterday comes out of a cop car. Apparently he's Tatum's brother.

It happens really fast, like I'm still processing I almost died, but Billy is being slammed against a cop car with the police announcing to him that he has the right to remain silent and have his lawyer there for further questioning. Seeing someone I've known as long as I've known Erin, thinking of him in the light of gutting  my cousin? That was like a strike to the gut, and I would've believed anything in that moment.

"I didn't do it, I didn't do shit! Please, I didn't kill anybody!" He screams, as I'm entranced and zoned out at him being thrown into the cop car. I've lived that before with my own parents. my heart drops to my stomach. Nicolle snaps in my face, and I try grounding myself back to the real world. 

"Dani, you okay?" Erin says. Her eyes look red and strained. It hits me she just had to watch her twin brother get thrown into a car, being tried as a murderer. I immediately pull her into a hug, squeezing her. She does the same.

"No, but I will be." I say. We get told we're going to have to be questioned at the station, but that Tatum, Erin and Nicolle will have to wait for us and couldn't be there for further questioning. On the way there, Sidney practically breaks down. "Sid? Sidney, what's up? Other than... You know... The obvious."

"This is just like how everything was last year," She weakly says. "Gale Weathers... She's making a book about my mother. Calling me a liar about who I saw, calling my mom a slut. She knows jack shit about me. And with this... I don't want you dragged in. Can I say something between you and I?"

"Yeah, of course." I scrunch my eyebrows in understanding.

"I've been planning on breaking up with Billy for a month. He's just... not been right recently. He's not his usual self... He hasn't been since his mother." She takes a shallow breath. 

I remember how Erin reacted. The meltdown. How she went crazy and emptied out the alcohol in their cabinet. I never thought once of how Billy might've had to stay strong for her. How that could have effected him. "So, this is kind of a very bad attempt at making you feel better, but... You know my friend Erin? The one who looks like a 5'1 version of your boyfriend? Yeah, her. When their mom left, she went a little... Off, too. She got really, really smashed and her dad forced her to go to a rehabilitation center and she came out good, but still off. She's been off since, but she's my best friend, y'know? She'd take a bullet for me, and I for her. Just because they come back from something off, doesn't mean they're broken. If you need to break up with him, that might be what's best for you. But he still needs someone there for him."

"You give good advice for someone fighting an inner battle too," she laughs slowly. "I saw the way you looked at that cop car. Like you were reliving a dream."

"I don't talk about my parents." I look down to the floorboards of the cop car. "It's... It's a little too heavy." 

"Well," Sidney looks to me. "I'm here to take your confession."