0.6 >> take your confession

update bitches because for some reason I got 100 more reads on this in two weeks, omfggg

"Where would I even start?" I laugh besides myself. I had never explained to anyone exactly what happened to my parents. Not even Erin and Nicolle. They were both having their own issues themselves, so I thought it best I just said they left. 

"Anywhere. How long have you been bottling this up?"

"Weeks. Ever since the beginning of august. More specifically, the end of june." I admit. "My dad... He wasn't always in my life. He was in and out between California and Michigan, because he had two families. He cheated on my mom a lot. But she took it, because she was a good person. When my dad was around, he was okay. We got Dairy Queen and talked about my school and he would drop me back off at home and go to whatever temporary work he found in the area to get away from my mom.

"And my mom you see, she was my rock. she was an incredible person, and she took so much for me. She worked two jobs, so I learned prettymuch how to take care of myself when neither of my parents were home. This went on until last june. the june I turned seventeen. By this point, the pressure had gotten to be too much for my mom. Because after 17 years, you become.. Off. So she turned to popping sleeping pills as soon as she got home every day. This went on until august, when she overdosed. She's still in the hospital, in a medically induced coma. My dad won't take me because he's in Michigan with his other family. So, I got dumped onto my uncle and aunt here while my mom recovers."

"I'm so sorry." Sidney says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Relax, it's not like anybody died. I'll be fine. Despite everything thats happened, we have friends that care about us and eachother throughout the bullshit thats going on." I smile at her. it felt good to get all that off my chest, and to have someone who understands exactly what's happening.

While getting questioned at the station, Sidney isn't exactly giving wholesome answers, so I explain I can't even begin to see Billy being the one to gut my cousin and try and kill us. He had always been a pretty reformed, generous person, especially to his sister. We're told we should go, and if they have further questions they'll contact us, and we're told someone is waiting for us. I half expected it to be Casey. Once I immediately remembered that wasn't possible, I frowned.

Low & behold, Tatum appeared and squeezed us both, Sidney first naturally. She smiled at us, and cursed out Billy, and we went around the building to avoid the press, her brother who is apparently an officer right behind us. The same bony-tacky-haired reporter sees us and turns a corner. She starts going right into questioning us and the lights from the cameras flickering take me aback as I stumble slightly. "How's your book going?" Sidney sarcastically said. I didn't catch what Gale said before she god decked in the jaw by Sid.

"Nice one," I say, kind of shocked. Sid smiles at me. 

And for once? 

I smile right back to her.

~~~~

"And the reporter was like, ah, and Sidney was like 'boom! Knock that bitch down." Tatum acts out with her teddybears  We had decided to move the party to Tatum's place because Sid's was officially a crime scene; again. We joked about how we should have caution tape all over us. Me and Sidney were sharing a bed, Tatum hogged hers, and Nicolle & Erin were sharing a pull out matress. Tatum couldn't get over the badassery that Sidney had achieved; and Erin announced she had to leave early, because she should probably help take care of her brother. She walked over and gave me a hug, grabbing her stuff and heading home. 

Tatum's mother walked in as Nic climbed into Tatum's bed, extending a phone. "Dana honey? Someone is on the line for you." After all that's happened tonight, I was questioning whether id wanna talk to someone on the phone again. I hesistantly take it, as my entire face drops. 

"Hello Dana. Got the wrong guy huh?"

I throw my hand over my mouth, slamming the phone down as everyone including Dewey, Tatums brother, comes out of the rooms. "I-It was him. It was the killer." I say, as Nicolle grabs e and we all head back to her room. All I wanna do is sleep and forget everything happened. 

But the fact that a killer is still out there and could kill the people I know and care about stabs me.