I Chapter One I

"ATHENA, I GOT A HOGWARTS LETTER!" I heard my little sister scream and I rushed down the stairs, my long blonde hair flowing behind me.

I grabbed the parchment, my piercing grey eyes scanning it over as a smile made its way onto my lips.

I looked down on my shorter, frizzy haired sibling."Congrats sis! You're a witch, just like me! I guess learning you all that stuff won't go to waste - too bad I'll only be with you for two years." I said, smiling as Hermione jumped up and down excitedly then bombarded me with questions.

"What's the school like? What's the dorms like? What's the best house? Who's the best teacher?
Why are they the best?"

"Big, comfy, Gryffindor (duh!). Snape - Because of his sarcasm." I laughed, still looking at her letter. "The rest of your questions will get answered when you go - but first we need to get you to Diagon Alley! I'll have to take you - mum and dad aren't a witch or wizard" I said, handing her back her letter. Hermione took it carefully, as if it was going to break.

----

"Ready to go?" I shouted to my sister, brushing my hair.

"Yeah!" She yelled back and I walked down the stairs, chuckling when I saw her already halfway out the door. We walked out and a little way down the street to the bus stop. Eventually the bus rolled up, and we took it into the centre of London.

We thanked the bus driver and hopped out. I grabbed Hermione's hand, and we walked to the street where the Leaky Cauldron was hidden. I led her through the pub and out to the bins at the back, waving at Tom as we passed him.

I kept my sister close by, as I tapped my wand on the bricks.

"Wow," Hermione gasped and we both walked through, into the magical street. It wasn't too busy, but I kept a tight hold on my sister so she didn't get lost.

"Okay. First things first, we should get our robes," I said, walking into Madam Malkin's. We bought Gryffindor robes for me, while Hermione just got plain black.

----

After we bought all our necessities - and one very adorable female black kitten for me, called Midnight (picture up above) - we headed back home and Hermione started studying right away, she was so like me it was unreal.

----

I headed through the wall to platform 9 and 3/4 and told Hermione to go on ahead. I waited for the twins and they finally came through along with Ginny, Mrs Weasley, Percy, Ron and some other boy.

"How're my favourite two Weasleys?" I asked, hugging Ginny and Mrs Weasley whilst Midnight perched on my shoulder.

"Wow, thanks Athena!" Percy chuckled gesturing to the twins, himself and Ron.

"Oh, I love you guys too, don't worry!" I said hugging Percy, then The twins and then Ron.

"So do we" the twins said in unison and it was my turn to chuckle. Everyone thought I'd end up with one of the twins or even Oliver, but we only thought of each other as brothers and sisters - plus I had a crush on a certain Hufflepuff.

We got on the train and sat down in one of the empty compartments, and began to chat.

Eventually, Lee and Oliver arrived and sat opposite the twins and I, Midnight still perched on my shoulder.

"Hey guys, Hey Athena's new cat." Oliver said, his Scottish accent thick as he gave Midnight a stroke.

"Her name is Midnight - and I already love her more than you lot!" I teased as Midnight nuzzled her face into my cheek.

"Wow, thanks." Lee joked.

I laughed. "I'm going to try to find my sister, I'll see you guys in the great hall." I said standing and walking out of the compartment. Before going anywhere, I quickly changed into my robes.

I searched all over the train - even the Slytherin carriages - but I couldn't find her. However, I did find Ron and the boy from earlier. I slid open their compartment door, and slipped into the nearly empty compartment.

"Hey Ron, mind if I sit with you two? I can't be bothered going back to the boy's compartment." I asked and they both nodded. I sat down next to Ron and extended my hand to the raven haired boy with the glasses.

"I'm Athena" I said. "and you are...?"

"Harry Potter." he introduced, shaking my outstretched hand.

"The Harry Potter?" I asked glancing at Ron, who nodded. "Wow!" I said.

The remainder of the short journey was spent laughing and joking about together.