The plan pt.2

"Are you sure guys? I mean how do we know this will work and she won't end up-" James said worried

"Stop worrying. She'll be fine." Remus interrupted

"Did you ask her to come Padfoot?"

"No. Was I supposed to? I thought that was Prongs!"

"No! That was you! Well great. Now I can't ask her and this was all a waste of time. Nice going Padfoot."

"It wasn't my fault I wasn't told!"

"Yes you where!"

"Will you two shut up! She comes every practice anyway."

"Oh.."
————————————————

Lily walked to the top of the stands all the way to the stand where only prefects, Professors, and head boy and girl where allowed. It was also the tallest and it had the best view. She came here to read every day rain or shine.

"You know it's easier to see what's going on when you're not so far from the rail." She heard an annoying voice who she assumed was Sirius say before she was pushed over the edge. She only fell a few yards before James flew up and caught her.

"You ok there? Don't stand to close to the edge next time."

"I wasn't planning on falling I got pushed but thanks." She replied "You saved my life how could I ever repay you?" She said very sarcastically

"Well for starters..." James said flying around the field slowly while holding onto Lily so she wouldn't fall. "You could go to the Christmas ball with me?"

Lily was shocked. She overheard that he was going to ask her but she also overheard they he wasn't too she just thought that he'd change his mind and ask somebody else.

"I- w- huh?" She stammered

"Oh... um... It's fine you probably already have a date to the ball anyway. N-nevermind."

"No! I don't have a date. I mean plenty of guys asked me but I didn't want to go with anyone but you." She said blushing a little "I'd love to go with you."

"Really?!"

"Yes. If you'd asked me out like you had every other year I might just have thought of you as the same old prat. But you didn't. I thought you'd just given up on me and moved on."

"Lily Evans! Never think that! I'd never give up on you. I will always tr-" James said but was interrupted by Lily placing her lips softly on his. She allowed him to respond only slightly before pulling away.

He looked at her, slight disbelief apparent on his face, but grinning broadly nonetheless. She returned the smile.

He rested his forehead on hers before kissing her again.