Hogsmeade

"You can just imagine how terrible they're going to be. My mom picked them out WITH Petunia." Lily complained

"I doubt they're going to be that bad." Mary tried reassuring her

"Trust me, They will be, Petunia will have make sure of that. She will want me to make a fool of myself so she'll make sure they look bad."

"We'll see."

Ten minutes later the owls came flying in. Two of them where caring a package together, then they dropped it in-front of Lily. Alice and Mary immediately started opening it while Lily continued reading her book.

"We should wait to open them completely. What if whoever asked Lily is around. We can't let them see." Alice said while they were halfway through opening it.

"Oh yeah" Mary said closing the package and setting it next to her and Lily  "On another note, you haven't told us who asked you and we're dying to know."

Lily got up, took her package and turned to her friends "Well are you coming?" She asked

They got up and they all walked to the common room to talk and see Lily's dresses.
————————————————

"I'm not sure what color that are going to be." Said Lily when they asked her on their way

"I hope they are either red or green. Green would compliment your eyes and red would compliment your hair." Alice announced

"Well if they ARE red they should have some gold too or the-" Mary was saying as she ran into Alice who ran into Lily who had stopped dead in her tracks when she saw all four marauders sitting by the fireplace just talking. The three friends fell, tangled together.

"Lily!" Alice yelled

"What?!" Said Lily out of her daze

"You don't just stop walking in-front of us abruptly!" Mary said

"Whatever." Lily said. Seeing James look of amusement and worry she quickly got up grabbed her package and ran up to her dorm pulling her friends along.

"That was embarrassing." Lily said flopping down on her bed

"It was?!" They asked. Lily ALWAYS blushed when she was embarrassed

"Yes." She said simply, noting her friends gapping faces

"Alright spill."

"Ok. Fine. So you know how I always...." She continued to tell them about how she was pushed and how James caught her and asked her to the ball and how she said yes and how while she still had the nerve, kissed him to shut him up.

"What?!" Mary asked in shock. She never thought Lily would have kissed him.

"And I missed that?!" Alice complained

"Can we just open the package already?" Lily asked opening the package and pulling out two dresses.

Dress #1:

Dress #2:

Dress #2:

"I don't like them

"I don't like them." Lily stated "I mean I love them but they're not right."

"Then we'll just revamp them, make them into one even better dress. We can get more supplies at Hogsmeade tomorrow." Mary said

"That's brilliant"
——Hogsmeade the next day——

"How about we get some green thread, fabric, and jewels for Lily's dress after we go get ours?" Alice suggested

"Perfect." Lily said. They walked into the shop and 30 minuets later they had their dresses and where even more exited for the ball if that's even possible

Once they had the stuff for Lily's dress they started back towards the castle when Sirius ran past them waving some parchment and knocking Lily's stuff to the ground.

"Give it back!" Remus yelled running after him with Peter on his heels "I need my essay for class!"

"If they could only learn to run around people." Lily heard a familiar voice say behind her. She swerved around to see James, his hair was as messy as usual and his glasses seamed to be knocked askew, he straitened his glasses and helped Lily pick up her stuff before turning to her and saying   "Well I got to go find them before Remus finally kills him." And he ran off.
——————————————————