1. Cupid Carries A Gun

A/N: Please leave any questions in the comments. I will reply to them. Please Add, Vote, and PLEASE Comment your opinions. They really help. Enjoy:)

It had been a long time since Zero had dreamed of something other than the nightmare that had been his family dying before his eyes- his brother betraying them for the pureblood Shizuka Hiou- his brother for betraying him.

Ichiru had been everything to him- and Zero had always known that the moment he even so much as glanced at his brother again he would forgive him near instantly- forgive him for causing their parent's deaths, for causing this fate to befall him, for leaving.

But tonight Zero did not dream that awful dream.

Tonight he dreamed of something far different, of being something far different.

Sweet laughter bloomed in her when he caught her in their game of chase, a smile engraved on her fair features, her violet eyes alight with perfect happiness.

And how could she not be happy? She was with the love of her eternal life, the one she would never willing separate from- not in a million years.

Her lover lavished her in kisses along her neckline before picking her up by the legs and pushing her up against a tree, his lips locking tight over her own.

His familiar taste brought near instant gratification to her, the notes of sweet wine and apples drawing her in further as he tasted her in return.

"Kana..." She moaned and he chuckled against her throat as he delved down to nip at her jugular.

"We really mustn't." She went on and he did not stop his ministrations.

"Oh but we must." He drawled and she laughed.

In a smooth effortless strike, he bit into her throat, drinking in deep pulls from her as pleasure raced through her body at the feeling of her true mate drinking from her.

She craved his own, but they both knew that they couldn't both share blood at once without letting the others of their kind know that they were forever entwined just yet.

No, that would officially mark them as mated, and they couldn't- not yet. Not when her lover had yet to accomplish his goal of establishing a government for their people.

She had taken comfort in the fact that one day they would be reunited, that one day they would be free to mate and create a family, but that could only happen when their world was safe and united- when their vampire race was safe from the humans that sought to destroy them.

He had changed recently, she could acknowledge though.

His dear friend, his hooded lady as he called her, had convinced him that perhaps the human threat could be cause to unite their people- if only humans could be made a long standing threat.

She had caught them whispering together some nights, and it worried her deeply.

His friend had never cared for her, she knew.

She had never craved power like they had and she knew that his friend thought he deserved better- someone as equally power-hungry as he was.

And yes, he was power hungry- but that was not cause for her to leave him, and she grew more and more convinced that she would never leave his side as he became more menacing as the years passed.