tellmeprettylies

The smoke formed a cloud in the air when he exhaled, and he flicked the cigarette butt onto the ground, stomping on it

The smoke formed a cloud in the air when he exhaled, and he flicked the cigarette butt onto the ground, stomping on it. The air was chilly, different colored leaves on trees and on the ground. Fall was always his favorite season. He loved the colors and the feel of being outside. He remembers playing outside as a kid, making leaf piles and running toward them, jumping it in with a wide smile plastered to his face.

His mother always made him rake up the yard; it was one of his chores out of many.

Growing up, Brendon didn't have a father. He's had a handful of potential step fathers, sure, but none of them were father-material. There was a time or three when his mother married them, maybe for a few months, one for a couple years, and then it was over out of no where.

Brendon doesn't know who his dad is, never met the guy. He left before Brendon was born, and as far as Brendon knows, he's an only child. 

He walks into the bar, not old enough to even be there, but it's day time and he's meeting someone. A slightly older someone who's allowed to be in a bar and drink legally.

The room smells strong like liquor and beer, and Brendon eyes the place, searching for the guy he met online.

He spots him just as the guy looks up from the booth, and the corner of Brendon's mouth curves up into a smirk as he kicks into gear and glides across the room. Brendon doesn't take his eyes off of the guy, who's name is Ryan, Brendon remembered.

The name fit the guy perfectly. 

"Was starting to think you wouldn't show." Ryan says as Brendon slips into the booth and places his hands on the table, lacing his own fingers together on the surface.

"Here I am." Brendon just about purrs, and Ryan smirks, lifting his glass to his lips and taking the last swig of the golden brown liquid. Brendon sees that the liquid almost matches the color of Ryan's eyes.

Ryan sets the glass on top of the table with a loud thud, followed by a five dollar bill, and he gets out of the booth, Brendon following. Brendon follows Ryan out of the bar and when they turn the corner of the building, Ryan turns around and Brendon runs into him.

Neither of them move. Instead, Ryan places a hand aggressively on Brendon's hip, his fingers digging into it.

"You sure about this?" Ryan asks, and Brendon shivers at the darkness of Ryan's voice, how low it is, how his breath washes over his own lips, smelling of alcohol. 

Brendon composes himself.

"Wouldn't be here if I wasn't." He counters and Ryan smirks again.

It might just be Brendon's favorite thing, that smirk.

Ryan's hand is off of Brendon's hip and Brendon follows him to a black Dodge Charger.

Brendon's just fallen in love.