Chapter Three - King Hit

"So like, Famine gave us some weed, right?"

"And then? It kind of just escalated from there."

Jeoffrey groaned, because as always, he was glad he had missed this.

"Famine. Famine. Brah." Alan dropped Jeoffrey and put his hands on Famine's shoulders. "You know what we should do? We should fistfight. That'd be fun. I wanna fight someone."

They were near the Horsemen's hut now, they'd walked another twenty or so minutes. Maybe forty. An hour.

("Oh yeah. That's right, we saw Famine walking around with you guys. Like. Around. Literally around. You went around the house about seven times.")

And they were feeling hungry, so once more they had stopped at a river.

("So like. The river. Right outside this house."

"...yep.")

"There is no way this could go wrong," Famine said, unsarcastically, as he shook Alan's hand.

Brian picked up Jeoffrey and rested him on the ground, next to some stairs. He would be safe here. At the bottom. He wasn't going to roll down the stairs at the bottom.

He sat next to Jeoffrey.

He thought of everything that Jeoffrey had to deal with.

Being blamed for everything. Being on the run constantly.

Sometimes Brian felt like he was the one who should be blamed for everything. Brian was the annoying one. Brian was the optimistic one. It would be easier for Brian to deal with this.

Sometimes Brian felt like Jeoffrey hated himself. He didn't want Jeoffrey to hate himself. Jeoffrey was his friend. They were friends. Brian wanted to help Jeoffrey.

Brian didn't hate himself, but sometimes he felt like he should hate himself. For many things.

"Brian?"

But he didn't.

"Brian, I have made a very big mistake."

Alan was staring into the river.

"Brian I think I just king hit Famine."

He turned around.

"Brian he's in the water."

"They'll be fine," said Brian. Everything was fine. Everything would be fine. He could help Jeoffrey.

"Brian, they're not going to be fine. They're in the river. They're not coming up. Oh my God they're dead."

"And after that, we pulled Jeoffrey inside and crashed for a bit. Then we saw you guys walking around the house, and..." Brian shrugged. "Well. That was a thing that happened."

The other Horsemen looked at each other and laughed.

"Wild," said the brown hair girl. "Anyway. Why did you all come here anyway? Not like we're that interesting."

"The rock. The glowy one, that was stolen," said Alan, which didn't seem like a great description but this rock was The Shit right now. Everyone was wondering about the rock. That Rock.

"Oh, the Gaia Stone."

Leviathan groaned. This rock, this fucking rock.

It wasn't a particularly interesting rock. It wasn't that he liked the rock. It wasn't that he wanted the rock, either.

It was just. That the rock. Could be a problem. If it got into the wrong hands.