1: Dr. Kim & Dr. Kim

A/N: BP as doctors would be hot. Also I watch way to much Grey's Anatomy. Please Enjoy this Short story! Thank you!❤️

•••

People think she's weird but Jisoo loves hormonal pregnant ladies.

They're her favorite people and she's not sure what she'd do if she ever had to go more than a week without seeing one. They're neurotic, overly passionate and panicked and she doesn't know what it is but she seems to be blessed with the gift to charm the pants off them (quite literally in the case of some of her more shy patients) and settle all their worries.

She gets to help ladies meet the tiny humans they spent so much time and effort making and it's the best job in the world.

She's also kind of kick ass at it.

•••

A page at 3am on her night off can only mean one thing and Jisoo doesn't pause as she climbs from her bed and straight into her sweats. She grabs everything she needs from where it's ready by the front door and isn't even tired by the time that she's speeding into her parking spot at the hospital.

The adrenaline's pumping and for about the millionth time, she remembers why she picked medical school against the wishes of all her undergrad professors. Nothing all gave her this type of rush.

She grins all the way to the ward and only stops when she sees the last face that she expected to see. It's the first time she's paused since her pager went off and she takes a deep, steadying breath as she gathers all the energy she has.

"Dr. Kim," she says as she steps into the ward. She's in her favorite purple scrubs and she instantly regrets wearing them the minute she sees Dr. Jennie Kim standing at the nurses' station. When Dr. Kim sees them, she rolls her eyes.

"I got a page. How can I help?" She smiles politely.

"Park Chungha," Dr. Kim says briskly. She shoves a patient chart towards her and Jisoo glances over it quickly before tucking it under her arm. Dr. Kim looks at her with disgust before shaking her head and walking away.

Jisoo rolls her eyes and follows after her.

•••

Park Changha has been transferred in due to complications in her pregnancy.
She's twenty-six weeks pregnant and Jisoo's not entirely sure how she's lasted this long without coming to the hospital.

They rush her to the OR within minutes of Jisoo examining her because they need to get her baby out.

Her team of scrub nurses know exactly how she likes everything and once Mrs. Park is under, they turn on Jisoo's playlist much to the disgust of Dr. Kim who stands opposite her readying for the tiny patient waiting inside Mrs. Park's uterus.

Jisoo ignores it because she's good at that. She knows she has some silly habits but she knows what she likes and what she needs and she's not ashamed of that. Being this good at her job has afforded her some benefits.
Her reputation of being somewhat odd and full of whimsy preceded her to her position here at the Seoul Clinic and that somehow lowers the expectations of people who don't know her.

But Jisoo doesn't understand how Dr. Jennie Kim can be so judgmental when the reputation that precedes her is even worse.

She's a pediatrician. Her dad is a retired neurosurgeon but he won his fair share of medical awards in his day. Her cardio-goddess mother did too but apparently Jennie's kind of struggled to step into their shoes. Everyone knows that she's slept with all the nurses on almost every floor but her own.
They know not to go into the sixth floor on call room because that's where she takes all her conquests. She's standoffish always and acts like everyone but her is incompetent.

Jisoo hasn't really worked with her that much—mostly through avoidance (because she struggles to work around negative people like that), and she doesn't want to mess up if Jennie is as bad as everyone says—but they've talked after a delivery or two and shared an email about a mutual patient and that's about it.

Jisoo's always as civil as possible but, now she's actually working with Dr. Kim in person, she kind of gets what everyone means.

"Dr. Kim, her BP is rising," she interjects as Jisoo hums along to her favorite song. It was kind of odd being both Kim's but not uncommon. She doesn't respond and she can see out of the corner of her eye how Jennie shifts uncomfortably. She's quiet for a few more minutes before— "Dr. Kim," she says warningly. "Your patient's blood pressure is still rising."

Jisoo looks up at her and smiles as much as she can behind her scrub mask. "I'm aware. Thank you, Dr. Kim."

She's sure that Jennie is grinding her teeth beneath her own mask. She stands there for a few more moments watching Jisoo carefully take her time before she interjects again.

"Dr. Kim, if you took more than a sparing glance at your patient's chart, you would know that she has a history of—"

"She had an aneurysm, Dr. Kim," Jisoo says softly. "I'm aware. I have a photographic memory. I only need a 'sparing glance'. However, with this condition, we expect some increase in blood pressure."

Jennie just stares and Jisoo can feel her eyes on her as she breaks the amniotic sac and reaches inside for the precious cargo. She feels ridiculously angry for the first time as she pulls the baby from its mother. She glances up at Dr. Kim as Mrs. Park's pressure drops when she instantly begins to bleed out as expected.

Dr. Kim takes the baby from her and Jisoo works on autopilot as she repairs Mrs. Park's body, all the while waiting for a baby's cry.

It's her favorite sound and the longer it takes the more anxious she becomes.

And it's not until she glances up at Dr. Kim that she even understands why the hospital has tolerated such an asshole taking care of children this long. She's working quicker and harder than anyone else surrounding the baby, grabbing everything herself and moving so fast that no one barely even notices what she's doing. Everyone else is unnecessary.

Jisoo's never witnessed anything like it.

Dr. Kim works stubbornly and Jisoo's  never seen someone so reluctant to give up, no matter what the people around her are saying about survival rates and slowly decreasing chances. It must have been too many minutes but she ignores them all and when Baby Boy Park lets out the sweetest cry, Jisoo laughs, impressed and annoyed all at once.

•••

She finds her after, checking the baby's vitals in the NICU.

"You did good in there," she says, expecting another eye roll or snarky comment.

However, Dr. Kim looks startled to see her and barely glances up at her.

"Thank you," she mumbles quietly. There's a pause before she speaks again. "I'm sorry for insinuating that you didn't care."

Jisoo laughs at that. "You insinuated that I was lazy, not that I didn't care, but it's okay. I've heard worse things from people."

Dr. Kim looks up at her and there's a glint in her eye and a quirk at her lips. Jisoo grins and tugs on the ends of the stethoscope around her neck.
The weird pause doesn't feel awkward but there's something else she can't name that makes her feel like she needs to leave.

"Good night, Dr. Kim," she says softly.

She feels the woman watching her the whole way out of the room.

"Good morning, Dr. Kim," she hears called back to her.

•••
A/N: This new book is going to be way shorter than the last. Only a couple chapters.