Chapter 23: Caught

I stood there, in front of Dylan's perfectly trimmed lawn. My gaze lingered to the two electric torch hanging on either side of his open door. That's when I felt the familiar sense of trust in myself, trust that I'll be able to this without getting killed. I will grasp into the crazy way I did three months ago to save my life.

I maybe as psycho as he is, but I'm no killer. I did not kill anyone. I promised to help him find new victims, well I did not, his victims were willingly offering themselves. It was their fault for being bimbos.

What the hell I was thinking? I sighed heavily, compressing my composure and took a step forwards. Those girls need justice regardless of what they did, murder and violence wouldn't make this world perfect. Nothing would.

A few more hitching breath went out from my lungs before I managed to knock on his door. Not a minute before it swung open, revealing that six feet and two inches tall man with his broad shoulders, well toned biceps and tough jaws.

Dylan Matthews stood in front of me, looking impassive than ever. "What a surprise," he plainly greets.

I remained unmoving, waiting for any reaction from him regarding my disguise. "If you think I will gone wild and make a dejavú remarks just because you showed up wearing a ridiculous wig and shaggy dress, then go rather find a brain."

That was an obvious insult but I wouldn't let my anger take over me, I pulled off my wig and tossed it aside.

"I was threatened by your mini revelation. I want to go with you now." in my greatest relief, Dylan stepped outside and heads to the bench. One thing caught my attention was his clothes, Dylan was still wearing the same ones he has the last time I saw him in the school. Knowing him as very conscious when it comes to self hygiene, it bugs me a lot.

Not just that, he looked so exhausted and worried?

I brushed off all those thoughts and just focused on the prior plan. To distract him.

I settled next to him and swallowed my disgust to hold his hand. His piercing blues immediately found my hazel ones. I would dearly miss the way he's looking at me like that if that memory weren't stained with blood and madness. I'm just praying that Luke already made it inside and now in the process of searching.

Brian stands as look out with his laptop, watching every cameras installed around this freaky place. We also learned that Dylan planted one in the road, about fifteen feet away from his fence. Maybe so that he'll be warn of any upcoming guests or victim most likely. That's why we traveled from the woods.

"Tell me what's your agenda, Miss Grantt." Dylan said, looking straight to my eye.

"The fact is," I stood up and sat down on his lap, placing my hands on those shoulders. "I missed you."

He stared at me as if there was a new Jeepers Creepers film playing in my face and I hate that I can't know what's running in that dark place inside his head.

"Oh Kiara, I told you to be a good girl. Is that really hard to understand?" Dylan reached out a hand and traced my jawline with his cold, long fingers. "You messed up every-fucking-thing." his calm voice sends chills down to my heels.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm here now, we can start over, move somewhere. I can help you." I cupped his face, praying he won't shove my hands away which will possibly cause me to stumble all the way to the floor.

Dylan did the same and placed his hand below my ear, he pressed his forehead against mine for a few seconds before his lips gets in touched with mine.

I gulped the combination of disgust and self pity trying to knock me down, I was just about to kiss him back when Dylan shifted his mouth beside my ear and whispers...