Coffee, Not Tea

Jibeom's pov

"Thank you, have a nice day," I greeted the giggling girl as she took her cup of latte and went to the table filled with other giggling girls.

I sighed. She's been coming here for days... I know that she and her group of friends only come here to "check me out". According to Jaehyun, they don't even drink their cups of coffee and leave them on the table when the leave the cafe. But I don't really mind.. I mean, it's their loss. The cafe just gets more money..right?

"Hey Jibeom I need to use the restroom real quick. Do you mind taking over my spot for awhile? Just until I come back," Jaehyun asked with a constipated face.

I nodded as he quickly left for the restroom. As I turned back to the counter, I saw a customer coming in and oh it's Joochan.

He had on a tired face. He wore a pastel pink shirt with blue denim jeans and he couldn't get anymore cuter.

Joochan slowly approached the counter and asked,"One Earl Grey tea please."

"Uhh..sorry. I think you must've came into the wrong cafe.. We only sell coffee here." I gave him a small smile.

"Oh. Sorry I guess I was just too tired and ended up walking here instead of the usual cafe I go to.. ." He pursed his lips as he finally looked up.

Our eyes met for a split second until he shifted his gaze to the menu above the counter. I could've sworn that I saw blush crept up his cheeks before he looked away. "Do you perhaps, have anything sweet? Something not too bitter?" He scrunched up his nose as he looked back at me.

"Uhh..we really don't have any sweet beverages here.. But I guess I can make the coffee slightly sweeter for you? If that's okay."

"Yeah, I'd like that." A wide smile spread across his face. "Thank you so much. How much is it?"

He gave me the money afterwards and I passed him back the change. I quickly turned around to the coffee maker and started making a latte for him.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Joochan take a seat next to the cashier, where seats were available. He slowly took out a drawing pad and a pencil box. I quickly shifted my gaze when he looked up at me.

God that was embarrassing.. He caught me looking at him ughh.

After a while, I was done with the coffee and was only left to put the cream. Usually, I would draw flowers on the latte with it but since this is Joochan, I wanted to do a little more.

I smiled at my work. A big heart was drawn messily with a cat laying on it. It wasn't one of the best looking one but I felt satisfied. This will definitely catch his attention.

I brought the cup of coffee to Joochan and gently set it down. I was about to leave but I felt a tug on my apron from behind. I spun around and Joochan was reaching over the counter, holding the string of my apron with wide eyes.

He quickly let go of the string and sat back down. He cleared his throat.

"Have I seen you before? You look familiar,"he questioned,looking straight into my eyes.

"We haven't personally met but we're in the same class... We both major in art," I gave him a soft smile.

"Oh." Was all he said. I stood there for a few seconds before deciding I should head back to the cashier as there were still people. Dammit where is Jaehyun when you need him.

"Wait," I turned back. "Thanks for the coffee." He smiled. I nodded, trying to hide my blushing face as I walked back to the cashier.

After a few customers and brewing coffee, I was finally done with my shift.

I took off my apron and told Jaehyun I was leaving. "Wait up lover boy. Looks like someone left you a gift,"he smirked while lifting up a paper.

The paper was slightly torn at the top but what caught my attention was the drawing. It was a drawing of me next to a coffee machine. The drawing was detailed and some parts were shaded.

I reached out for the paper and my eyes slowly took in all the details in that one drawing. As my eyes reached the bottom of the paper, a phone number laid there. Next to it were writings scribbled onto the paper.

give me a text if you need help with the upcoming art project..or whenever you feel like hanging out

I smiled and carefully placed the paper in my bag, not wanting to crumple it. I reached home after some time and took out my phone.

To: tea boy <3
Hey

A/N: This was totally not what I planned on writing but it came out okay....I guess.