_12_

It's been a couple weeks since Akina's invited Jisung to join her and Haechan when taking walks. Jisung hasn't shown up once. It actually really bummed out Akina. She hoped they would all hang out together.

The weather slowly shifted to a colder temperature, limiting her walks to the creek. She was stuck in her house most of the time, reading or writing. Writing was one of her only ways to let out her ideas and thoughts without putting them onto other people. She loved to draw, and expressed things in that way as well.

One of her walls was lined with different pieces she's created. They ranged from dropping flowers to dancing people. Wide grins to a small butterfly. Akina ran her hand along a new drawing, making sure it sticks to the wall. She pulled back to take a long look at the sketch of a girl. She leaned against a door, hiding her face with her arm and long hair. It was raining, and her clothes were plastered to her body.

Tonight, was one of those nights. One of those nights were dangerous for Akina. She didn't feel right. Not the same. It was like she was experiencing things in a dream; reality felt altered. Her depression took height at these times. It would mostly consist of her crying for unknown reasons, and sliding down walls with screams threatening to break free.

But during this one, she was still. Akina was staring at her wall of art in a trance. Usually, she didn't want to talk to anyone when this feeling took over. However, there was something different.

It's funny that the first thing she thought of wasn't Haechan, her boyfriend. He wasn't the person she felt closest to despite their relationship. No, instead she thought of Jisung. Akina glanced at her clock, reading the time. It's one in the morning. He wouldn't want to be bothered, Akina thought.

As if the universe had read her thoughts, Akina's phone suddenly buzzed. She delicately picked it up, examining the screen.

Jisung: Hey, I was just wondering if you were awake?

Jisung: Who am I kidding, it's so late. You're probably asleep.

Jisung: Sorry...

Akina's mouth stretched into a smile grin.

Akina: Jisung-ah! It's been days since we've talked, and your way of greeting me again is at one in the morning?
(Read)

Jisung: I'm sorry. My schedule has been tied up. I'm here now. ^^

Akina: Thank goodness. I really need someone to talk to.
(Read)

Jisung: ??

Akina: Just... distract me. Please?
(Read)

Jisung: How are things with Haechan?

Akina bit the inside of her cheek, studying for an answer. There was a sharp feeling in her chest, realizing that the first person she should've thought was Haechan. You're supposed to share everything with the person you're in a relationship with, right? The thing is, Akina hasn't told Haechan about how she has depression. There was just something so trusting about Jisung that she could easily tell him.

Akina: Things are fine. It's pretty casual.
(Read)

Akina: I guess it could be better...
(Deleted)

Jisung: That's good. I hope you both have a nice and long relationship.

Akina: You're too sweet.
(Read)

Akina: How come all the girls aren't lining up for you?
(Deleted)

Jisung: I'm just being a good friend. To the both of you.

Akina sighed. She slowly sat on the floor, leaning against a wall.

Akina: Are you free Wednesday evening? Haechan isn't going to be available, and I wanted to go for a walk at least once this week before the weather gets unbearable. Wednesday is the best it'll get this week.
(Read)

Jisung: I think I'll be able to. I can't wait to see what you have to talk about this time.

Akina: Haha, I've had a few things on my mind. I'll let you get some sleep. I don't know why you were up so late anyway. Get some sleep, JiJi.
(Read)

Jisung: Yah! I should be saying the same to you. See you later... Ki? KiKi? JiJi and KiKi?

Akina let out a huff of laughter, rereading his text.

Akina: I love it! Goodnight.
(Read)

Jisung: Night.

She let her phone slip from her grasp, staring at the ceiling. She still had a trace of a smile on her face as she let out a long breath.