five

MICHAEL

Ten years earlier

Things with Isla and I are moving hot and heavy. I couldn't stop the momentum of us if I tried. Either I'm in her bedroom being quiet while we leave the door open for her conservative parents, or she's in mine.

Right now, she's in mine.

And I'm in her.

I grip her waist as she moves on top of me, her hips undulating with each stroke. I'm sitting on the edge of the bed, my feet flat on the cold floorboards, while Isla straddles my lap, writhing in my arms.

"Yes, Michael," she breathes, her voice rising in pitch as her face morphs into extreme pleasure. I'm gritting my teeth, trying to withstand the pull and warmth of her body above mine.

I freeze as I hear the front door slamming and voices down the hall. "Wait –" I caution Isla, my hand sliding to still her hips that are moving against mine.

"What is it?" she asks, opening her eyes, her mouth down-turning in a pout at our sex fest being interrupted. I can see the pleasure receding in her eyes.

"There's somebody home." I nod toward my bedroom door, which is slightly ajar. "And my door is open."

I try to lift her off me, but she places her hands over mine which are wrapped around her waist.

"They won't come in here," she whispers, as she begins to rock her hips again, her full breasts swaying with the movement. "I'm almost there, Michael. Please."

I can't resist her when she's like this. Her body begging for attention, and pulling my own sweet release from me, with every plunge inside her.

At least I can make it quicker, I resolve, as I lower my head to feast on her breasts and chest. I trail my kisses up her neckline, before whispering harshly in her ear, "Come on, come for me, baby."

She shudders in my arms and I can feel her movements increase in speed, as she mindlessly succumbs to the pleasure, using my body for her own needs. I can feel my own release pummelling through me at the expression of ecstasy on her face.

"Michael, did you want to –" the words are cut abruptly short as Ashley opens the door fully to see us. My eyes dart away from Isla's face to see Ashley's wide-eyed stare, her mouth open in shock, before she quickly backs out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Shit," I curse under my breath. My pleasure receding at the shock of Ashley witnessing me having sex with my girlfriend.

Isla is finished and slumped slightly in my arms. "Serves her right," she mutters, before pressing her lips back to mine.

 I kiss her back for a moment before I find myself shifting her off me, and pulling out. Isla curls up in my bed, looking adorable with her dusty blonde hair spilling over my dark covers.

"I have to check on her," I tell her, disposing of the condom, and pulling on my jeans that were in a crumpled mess on the floor. I can't find the t-shirt I was wearing, so I grab a new one from my draws and pull it over my head.

"You're alright?" I check with Isla; whose gaze is heavy-lidded as she sinks into the mattress.

"Come back quick," she murmurs, turning onto her other side away from me.

I nod and slip out of the room, pulling the door shut quietly behind me.

I move further down the hallway and hear Ashley and Jack talking in the kitchen. When I turn the corner, I see Ashley bending down and pulling out a packet of grated cheese from the shopping bag on the ground.

"I found it," she says triumphantly, standing back up and placing it in front of Jack who is smoothing tomato sauce onto the pizza bases.

Her gaze lands on me. She freezes and a flush begins to wash over her cheeks. This is bad.

"Oh, hey Michael," Jack says, looking up and seeing me before he looks confusedly toward Ashley. "Ashley said you didn't want pizza."

"I don't," I respond. Jack shrugs and moves on to putting pepperoni on the pizzas. He is completely unaffected by my presence, which suggests that Ashley didn't tell him what happened. "Scottie, can I have a word?"

Jack looks up curiously at this, probably wondering why I don't feel comfortable speaking in front of him. For a moment, I'm worried that Ashley will suggest that I speak in front of him before she sighs and moves away from Jack and toward me. 

"I'll be back in a sec," she tells him as she follows me out into the hallway and then into the bathroom.

"Why are we speaking in here?" she asks, looking around the small bathroom with one eyebrow raised in challenge.

"I wanted to speak in private and Isla is –"

"Still in your room," Ashley finishes for me.

I run a hand through my hair in frustration. This is going all wrong. I move closer to Ashley so I can shut the door behind her, not wanting Jack to overhear our conversation.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what you saw." My eyes are tracking over her face, looking for any clues to how she's feeling, but I've never seen her this expressionless.

"Don't be," Ashley replies, "It's perfectly natural to have sex."

I grimace at the word. The way she says it makes me feel like I'm a horny bastard, who would rut anything with a pulse.

"Yeah, well, I just wanted to check that you were okay..." I trail off as I'm met with her stony expression. "Are you okay?"

Her expression changes to one of disbelief, as both her eyebrows slide up. "I'm not a kid anymore, Michael, I'm sixteen. I know what sex is."

"It's one thing knowing it and another seeing it –" I start to reprimand.

"Oh save me the lecture," she rolls her eyes, as the flush fully suffuses her cheeks now. For some reason, seeing the colour there lets me know that she's not as unaffected by this conversation as she suggests. "I'm not as innocent as you think. I've seen porn, and I've heard the guys at school talk about their dick sizes and who they banged."

My mind fixates on the one thing. "You've seen porn?" I ask.

She huffs out a shallow breath. "That is what you got out of that?"

I have half a mind to ask her what kind of porn it was, and if she liked it before I realise that this is Ashley. What the hell am I thinking? This is Scottie, my next-door neighbour, who is closer in age to Jack than me. Who's alone in this enclosed bathroom space talking to me about sex, while my naked girlfriend is waiting in bed for me.

"Err yes," I reply. "So, we're cool then? If you've seen porn then what we did was hardly anything new."

"Yes, we're cool," Ashley says, eyeing me weirdly as if I'm the one acting irrationally. Maybe I am. "Next time you decide to do it while we're home, can you put a sock on your door? Or you know, at least shut it properly?" There's a sassiness in her voice that I had never heard directed toward me until today.

I nod and watch as she pivots on her foot, exiting the bathroom. Leaving me alone with my thoughts; wondering how Ashley became acquainted with porn, and how a sixteen-year-old was more capable of saying sex aloud than I was.

  📌

a/n: Thanks for reading! I'd be so grateful for any feedback you have so feel free to vote and comment your thoughts.