04 | triggered

[ I've been drinking while I'm driving down the highway. Haven't blinked in like a minute yeah it's quite strange. I've been thinking 'bout all of the things I might say, I might do to you... ]
• • •
SCHOOL APPROACHED ONCE AGAIN the following day. Liam awfully dreaded it with everything going on but gathered the energy to roll out of bed anyway. He'd been reprimanded for the wall indentation - which he'd concluded his parents had found out about - but no further interrogations were made. Though he was puzzled as to why, Liam was thankful for it nonetheless.

As expected, disapproving glances were thrown his way as Liam entered the double doors of Beacon Hills high. He'd grown to disregard anything of the sort but the thought of everyone hating him still ate away at the back of his brain.

"There you are!" Liam whipped his head to the direction the sound was coming from, to find Hayden, his girlfriend, approaching him radiating nothing but happiness as always.

"You didn't reply to any of my texts, did anything happen?" She asked, concern written all over her face.

"No..." Liam lied, deciding it wasn't worth the energy explaining the hectic events that occurred the day before, "I just fell asleep as soon as I got home."

"Well, you know that surprise I was telling you about," a crinkly smile began to form on her face.

"Yeh?..." Liam provoked, masking his apathy.

"I've finally got it all ready, I'm taking you out tonight, eek!" she squealed, in a highschool girl manner, quite annoyingly.

"Great!" Liam replied, faking enthusiasm, "what time?"

"seven o'clock, and I'll drive."

• • •

Seven o'clock rolled around too quickly and Liam sat impatiently on his couch, contemplating his agreement to this outing. Before he could cancel, a horn sounding brought him back to reality and he soon acknowledged it as Hayden waiting outside for him in her car. Hayden greeted him with a kiss which he didn't invest in with as much passion. After pulling back, they set off to the unknown location.

While Hayden was ecstatic to be out with her boyfriend, Liam had other things on his mind. The suggestion from yesterday had him biting his nails. The thought of seeing Theo again made him nervous ; while they were together he felt completely comfortable and accepted, he unknowingly confided in the boy who had repeatedly saved his life. However, Scott and the others would be anything but pleased about the kind of relationship the two had - they still couldn't forgive the chimera for his sociopathic actions. How am I supposed to talk to him? Like we're friends?

Friends.

Liam scoffed at the idea. He didn't want to be friends with the Raeken boy, neither did he hate him. Frustration overtook the confused beta. Soon enough the couple arrived at the destination; a restaurant. How corny...

"It's your favourite!" Hayden beamed as they strode towards the entrance, hand-in-hand, "Chinese!"

Liam nodded, he may have eaten Chinese a lot but only because it was the cheapest takeout. Unfortunately, it wasn't his most preferred cuisine. Nonetheless, he acted like the happiest man alive.