Chapter 2: The Most Dysfunctional Family and a New Rival!

Year: X775

Danny's POV:

I started to walk out of the forest with this giant man. Seriously! How tall can one man possibly be?!!

We were walking into the city when loud bells started to ring and a flying horn suddenly hovered in the air and announced, "Citizens, please go into your designated positions for the Gildarts Shift!"

I looked at the giant man in curiosity. "What's Gildarts Shift?" I asked him.

Said man looked at me while rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. "Well, you'll see."

Then the ground underneath us started to shake and to my utter shock, the town began to reconstruct itself and now, right in the middle of the town, there was a pathway with arrows, pointing and leading to a large building.

My eyes widened in surprise. "What. The. Heck?!"

Gildarts continued to wear a sheepish smile. "I use Crash Magic, which means I basically destroy everything I touch and my mind tends to wander from time to time, so I accidentally walk through houses and buildings. So they built this to make sure I wouldn't destroy anything."

I twitched at the explanation. An idiot with unmeasurable power. That's the worst combination.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled as I walked by his side down the pathway.

We arrived at the guild building and I saw a bunch of people laughing and drinking with each other.

Flashback

A man patted my back as he drank alcohol in the bar. "Man, kid. You may be young, but you packed quite the punch today!"

His friend also smiled at me. He then gave me a glass. "Here. Have a drink to celebrate your first victory!"

Flashback end

I felt tears in the corner of my eyes, threatening to flow like a waterfall. I smiled slightly. It's like I've gone back in time.

Many people looked our way. "Welcome back, Gildarts!!" They all greeted in a shout. I didn't like the attention since I was right next to the man, and turned invisible.

After some exchanges of greetings and slaps on the back, things quieted down as everyone went back to what they were doing, so I went back to being visible.

Gildarts motioned me to follow him and went to a tiny old man who was sitting at the counter of the bar and plopped down on a seat next to him.

"Master," he started and I raised an eyebrow. This short guy is the master? I suddenly felt my eyeballs almost pop out my sockets as I felt his power around the same level as Gildarts!

Gildarts continued what he was saying with an easy going smile. "meet Danny Fenton! I brought him here to join Fairy Tail!" He exclaimed as he grabbed me closer and pointed at me. "And Danny, meet Master Makarov Dreyer! Our guild master!"

I felt slightly nervous as I was not only around one monster, but two. The old man gave me a narrowed eyes look before he gave me a wide smile. "Welcome to Fairy Tail!"

I bowed my head, not wanting to be disrespectful to the guild master. "Thank you for accepting me."

The old man gave me a warm smile as he ruffled my hair. "Now don't bow like that, child. Since you're now in the guild, you're now one of my children! Welcome home!"

At those words, my eyes widened as tears came out like a dam no longer being able to hold the water back. I have a home!! A place to belong!

"Thank you! Thank you!" I cried as I tried to wipe my face, only to have it wet again.

Makarov only kept rubbing my hair. "There, there. Save your tears for later. Now..." He suddenly stood on the counter and yelled, "WE HAVE TO WELCOME OUR NEW MEMBER WITH A PARTY!!"

The rest of the guild turned to me then smiled and pumped their fists in the air while yelling back, "YEAH!!" I smiled in happiness for the first time in a long time.

That's when a huge party blew up and drinks were everywhere as everyone began to introduce themselves to me.

I remembered like 5 people's names. Eh. I'll remember them eventually.

That's when a member tripped and fell on his bum and the drink he carried slipped away from his hands and on to another member's head.

I can't completely remember the chain of reaction that was caused as all the members suddenly began to fight with one another.

I looked at the scene and I couldn't hold it in as I roared in laughter. This is one of the most dysfunctional family I've ever seen and I like it!

"So," I suddenly heard behind me. I turned around and saw a boy around my age with spiky yellow hair and a scar running through his right eye.

He had an excited smirk. "you're the newbie, huh? The name is Laxus. You seem strong. Wanna go at it?" That's very forward of him.

Lightning ran through his finger tips as a shining yellow aura enveloped his body.

So he uses lightning magic, huh?

I smirked right back. I don't back down from any challenges. A bright emerald aura covered me as wisps came out of my mouth. "Why not? Just don't come crying to me when you lose, muscles-for-brains."

Laxus grew a tick mark and the remark and smashed his head against mine. "Do you only have air in that head of yours?! It's obvious I'm going to win!"

I didn't really appreciate that comment and our heads pushed against each other and our hands interlocked as we tried to push the other. We were equal as we both stood our ground and our auras also clashed.

"Short circuit brain!"

"Double bastard!"

"Stupid hard head!"

During our clash, we managed to destroy the ground we were standing on and the damage spread through almost the entire guild.

Master Makarov was crying and calling out for his mommy while Gildarts laughed at the scene. The rest of the guild members that were present were trying to run away from the crumbling floor.

Third POV:

Gildarts smiled fondly at the scene. He's gonna be alright.

To be continued...