Chapter 3: Laxus VS Danny

Danny's POV:

As Laxus and I were about to duke it out, two fists came crashing down on each of our heads. Ow!! We looked up as we both now sported a giant bump and saw a giant Makarov.

"Are you two trying to destroy the entire damn guild?! If you're going to fight, take it outside!!" He yelled, his voice deeper than before.

"Yeah, yeah, Grandpa." Laxus sighed out. I looked at him in surprise. He's the master's grandson? "But I don't want any distractions from these weaklings." He said as he pointed at the others, who got angry at his words and begun yelling at him.

After that, we both stood at the opposite ends of each other in the forest and the only spectators were the master and Gildarts.

We both had excited grins on our faces. Makarov acted as the referee. "Start!" And with that, we both ran towards each other, eager to take the other down.

Laxus raced towards me with immense speed as light covered his body. "Lightning Body!" He raised his lightning covered fist, ready to knock me out.

I smirked as I got ready for him. "Phantom's Body!" And he went right through me and punched the ground. Causing a massive shockwave and a crater.

Phantom Body allows me to turn intangible, but I can't attack while I'm in this state.

He looked back at me in shock before smiling in an animalistic excitement. "I knew you weren't weak." Was all he said before he saw that I was about to attack.

"Phantom's Blizzard!" A swirling blizzard hit against my opponent as he crashed through several trees and was covered in smoke.

That's when I suddenly felt a presence behind me. "Lightning Strike!" A blast of lightning hit my back and this time I was the one who was sent flying through trees.

I stood back up and gritted my teeth. I didn't realize he was that fast.

I faced towards him and got ready to strike again.

I took a deep breath. "Phantom's Scream!" And a destructive sonic blast came out of my mouth as I screamed at my opponent.

He had an excited look on his face. "Guess I'm gonna have to use that, huh?" I was confused at what he meant, but then he took a deep breath as well and cocked his head back.

"Lightning Dragon's Roar!" And a powerful lightning blast came out of his mouth. Our attacks connected, resulting in one huge shockwave as we struggled to keep standing.

I narrowed my eyes at him as I got into a fighting stance. "That wasn't normal lighting magic, was it?"

He smiled viciously. "That's right and I would appreciate it if you kept it a secret. I really hate Gramp's lectures." He said while jerking his thumb towards the old man.

"It's Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. It's an ancient and lost magic that allows me to take on the qualities of a lightning dragon. This type of magic was used to deal with dragons back then. I can breathe, absorb, attack, and eat lightning. The only reason I'm showing you this is that you aren't like the other weaklings in the guild!"

I gritted my teeth as I knew things were going to get ugly for our surroundings. I didn't even bother to requip my sword as I knew it would most likely crack from this guy's power.