Repeat

MATURE CONTENT UP AHEAD: I will not prompt it because it breaks the momentum of the story, but the buildup should be obvious enough. I tried my best not to break character and aligned it respectfully with the story. So don't expect super bizarre stuff to happen.

"KAZUUUUMAHHHHH! LOOK OVER THERE!"

An upbeat, jubilant and youthful woman with long, flowing cerulean hair, donning a white summer brimmed hat and a crayola blue summer dress seemingly not older than nineteen years of age, exclaimed in delight to the man in a white T-shirt and dark green board shorts. Snapping him out if his dream-like state, whom eventually responded to her with a tiny grin.

Despite the uneasy weight she carried on her belly. The fact that she was able to prance across the street like a ballerina was beyond Kazuma.

...

Aqua aside, their vacation had been treating them well. Every detail ranging from the scenery to the food, ambiance to service were all a far cry from that Cultist infested area Aqua almost called home.

Kazuma almost made Aqua admitted it herself.

Well almost...

For Kazuma, he was finally finding inner peace during these moments of respite.

...

Aqua's curiosity was deeply invoked by the statue's appearance. To be more precise, it was a large marble statue: An European colonial Naval officer clad in his uniform, holding his arm out as though about to set off a command to fire the cannon positioned beside him.

"Wow, even more historical European-inspired craftsmanship ... Perhaps the town planner was from the world I originated from."
...

"Probably, but it looks so cool!"

Kazuma smiled to himself as he watched Aqua intriguingly poked every nook and cranny of the statue. As she danced around, Kazuma could not noticed how much he himself had grown from the fateful day they met. Sure while she was still an unintelligent excuse of a goddess, her vanity and arrogance are still much left to be desired. Yet Kazuma was not as disgusted as he initially was, instead he had come to terms with her flaws, accepting them as part of who Aqua was.

And weird thing is, he found himself loving her even more because of those flaws.

...

An elderly, male voice disturbed Kazuma's train of thoughts.

"Hohoho... What a cute couple... Would you like a painting as part of your keepsake?"

Kazuma being skeptical of street vendors, was about to politely decline when Aqua barged rudely between the conversation, much to his displeasure.

Aqua was beaming with ecstasy. Tugging Kazuma's hand and pulling him towards the statue.

"Yes please! Come Kazuma stop standing around like a lost child!"

The old man laughed heartily as he returned to his booth, carefully priming his oil paints and brushes. Unwrapping the plastic sheet of a fresh canvas and loading onto the easel. Despite his frail age, his skill in painting was able to match the quality of some renown old masters. His movements were unnaturally fast and precise. Every detail from the amount of paint absorbed by the bristles to the pressure of each stroke was taken into deep consideration. Leading Kazuma to wonder if this was his actual or retirement job.

...

Nevertheless, all it took was fifteen minutes foe Kazuma and Aqua's jaw to hit the floor

The painting was astounding from all standpoints. The colors meshed well together with their respective shades, along with the varying hues added to bring out the contrast between them and the backdrop. Given more time, It could have been no different from a photograph. Satisfied from the finished product, Kazuma paid the Artist the full fee combined with a few tips to boot.