Chapter 4

Meryl's P.O.V

The usual. Like every night. Lay in bed and chat with the kids on the group.

Okay well, this is one hell of an awkward chat actually.

Me: Hey everyone! Looking out for Christmas?!

Louisa: Can't wait!

Don: 🌲❄⛄

Henry: Let me guess, mom showed dad how to use an emoji. Great.

Mamie: Did someone say Christmas?

Me: Yes. Me and your dad has something to tell you all. We can't wait till Christmas. It's cold though.

Louisa: You're finally getting back together? 😆

Don: wait...what?

Me: No. We're not getting back together Lou.

Mamie: Goddammit!

Henry: Language

Don: 💀🔫🔪💣

Louisa: okay, dad is acting super crazy

Don: 🎭-"Hi, I'm Meryl Streep!"

I gave a sighed in anger more like feeling there's being made another thing about me

Me: #@% you Donald Gummer!

Don: Anytime babe!

Henry: uhmmm...dad...we can read everything.

Don: Don't read it then!

Louisa: omg dad. How can we ignore it?

Dad: 😈

Mamie: Mom, are you sure there's nothing going on between you and dad?

Me: Your dad lost a brain cell when a spider scared the shit out of us.

Henry: what spider?

Don: 🐜itsy bitsy spider is climbing on the bed. Up to Meryl's ear...

Mammie: uhmmm...dad...that's an ant.

Me: Now you must know what it feels like when I lived with him.

Henry: imagine me. I'm his son.

Me: I was his wife.

Louisa: and you...slept with him.

Don: Don't you know how to use space? What's with the ... ?

I gave a simple giggle rolling my eyes. Don still makes me laugh. He makes me happy. And I still love him. Today's ending on top of me just...I wasn't expecting that.

Me: I'm so tired you guys. I'm off.

Don: No wait!

Me: What now?

Don: The spider in the car was fake. I saw it when I reached to your handbag.

Me: Who put it there.

Henry: my bad...sorry

Don: you...are...gonna...pay!!!

Henry: Dad, ... is kinda not made for anything okay.

Don: oh...okay...

Mammie: I'm off to bed. Bye. Luv yha guys! 💜

Me: Goodnight honey. I love you!

Don: sweet dreams. Don't dream too much.

Me: uhmmm Don, she's already offline. And so is the rest. Including me. Good night 👋

Don: Goodnight bunny! 💏❤

Oh my god. Honestly, I didn't expect this at all. I stare at the phone for a while kind of speechless. Still online. But speechless.

Me: ❤

I had to send him one back. Nothing personal. Although I know the children will eventually see it.

Oh f%ck!

My phone almost flew out of my hands when it started to ring. I answer it. It's Don and his video calling. He's like a rash all over me.

"Looks like you just can't get enough of me." I giggled seeing his face.

"I just wanna say goodnight properly." He replied and took a deep breath. "Goodnight Mer."

"Hold it." I stopped him. "Let's talk for a while."

He seemed to be smiling bigger now. Which only meant one thing. Maybe he also still loves me. It's actually kinda obvious though.

"What's it with Mer? You haven't call me that in a long time."

"I just miss calling you that." He replied honestly with a little confusion in his face.

"I miss hearing that." I replied and take a breath in nervously.

"Do you...ever get lonely at nights when you start thinking of the olden days...us at night...when we would...you know...get comfortable?" He asked curiously just for interest.

"A lot." I replied honestly and role to my side with my phone infront of me looking at his handsome face.

"I often think about the time when we use to laugh and cry together and dance, bath, make love till after midnight. I can't help thinking that we have too much unsaid to each other." I heard his voice. This is breaking my heart.

I love him

I need him

I want him

"Have we done the right thing Donnie?" I asked over the phone.

"I love it when you call me Donnie." He smiled nicely. "But I don't know. You were right to me."

"I guess we kind of forgot what it's like to talk about these things." I whispered and take a deep breath. I'm gonna say it. I have to. I want to. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." He replied inviting in the awkwardness.