Chapter Three:

I open my eyes and look up at the white ceiling above me. I sit up and look around. The walls of the room are white and I'm laying on a four post queen sized bed with gold colored covers. The only things in the room are the bed and a TV mounted on the wall in front of the bed. I swing my legs off the bed, and only then do I realize I'm still wearing my pajamas from days ago, and that isn't much. I'm wearing basketball shorts and a grey tank top. I get off the bed and walk to the door. I then open the door to see what's on the other side.

I step out of the room and see I'm at the top of a grand staircase. There are two staircases that have black marble railings along the sides and a chandalier attached to the ceiling. I walk down one of the staircases and turn to the left, where a bunch of noise is coming from. I walk in what seems to be a game room. There's a pool table, an air hockey table, a giant TV with game consoles galore, and a shelf full of games. I look back over to the TV and see a bunch of guys sitting on the couch or the floor in front of it. One of them, the guy with bright blue eyes, gets up and finally notices me. "Oh, you're up! Are you feeling alright now?" he asks and walks towards me.

I back away slowly.  I'm not used to anyone talking to me, especially in a friendly way. "Hey, are you alright?" he asks and stops walking towards me. I shake my head 'no' slightly. "Leave the poor girl alone Nash." comes a female voice. I look behind the Nash guy and see a girl who doesn't look much older than me, walk towards me. She has very curly hair, a head band with ears attached to it, and deep brown eyes. "I'm Mahogany." she smiles at me. I give her a small smile back. "What's your name? We never got it before you kinda passed out." she says and laughs. "Skylar." I tell her. "Well Skylar, we should probably take you home now. I'm sure your parents miss you a lot." she sighs.

After she says that, I violently shake my head 'no'. "Why not? Why were you even walking alone in the desert anyways?" she asks curiously. "Ummm..." I say quietly. "Oh, if you don't want to tell all of us, that's fine. But you can always talk to me if you're intimidated by all these boys." she laughs. "Can I tell just you?" I ask her quietly. "Sure." she nods. "Follow me." Then she walks out of the room. I quickly walk after her and follow her back up the stairs and into the room I was just in. "Alright, what's up Skylar?" she asks as she plops down on the bed. I take a seat next to her and tell her everything. Once I'm done, she sighs and says, "Jeez, that's tough. Now I understand why you're so shy and afraid of people. You're used to living and being alone your whole life. Well, hopefully we can all bring you out of your shell." I shrug and say, "Maybe." She sighs and gets off the bed, pulling me up with her.

"Let's go introduce you to the guys. But first, let's put some new clothes on. After, we can go shopping for new clothes, since you'll being staying with us from now on." she smiles and leads me down the hallway to the right of the room we were just in.  She opens the door at the very end of the hallway and walks in. I follow her and look around. The walls are a mint green color and stuff is scattered everywhere. "Sorry about the mess. Haven't really had any time to clean it up." she laughs.

"I'ts alright." I say and give her a small smile. "There's that perfect smile!" she exclaims and then begins to rummage through her closet. "You are a bit skinnier than I am, and that's saying something, so I think these will do." she sighs and tosses me some clothes. "There's a bathroom across the hall." she tells me. I walk out of her room and into the bathroom across the hall. ~It's a good thing I wear a bra to bed.~ I think to myself as I change into what Mahogany gave me. She gave me a Batman sweater, light wash jeans, and a pair of grey shoes, since I don't have any. I walk back out of the bathroom and see Mahogany leaning against the closed wood door that leads to her room. "Ready to go meet the guys?" she asks and walks towards me. I nod. "Ready as I'll ever be." I say under my breath as I follow Mahogany down the stairs.