TWENTY SEVEN

Emily was sitting by herself near the food table on sat. She had her hands on her face and her hair were in two braids swinging low behind her back. Her head had been killing her for hours, making her mess up most of the lines she had remembered days before. Once finally getting through her scene, she walked swiftly away from set and to the nearest quiet space. The food table usually was hectic and all over the place but since scenes were going on - everyone was on set. Her makeup was running slightly due her tears. Eyes red and body weak, she sat there - crying. She had no idea what to do, after ten years it was finally happening and she didnt know what to do about it. Waiting for him was something she always thought she would doing. But not everything was different. After that drunken night, she finally realized she couldnt wait.

When she stood up, she was met with a shadow towering over her. When she looked up she saw a pair of blue eyes staring down at her. His face fell and his arms went to her shoulders.

"You okay, Emily?" His thick Irish accent asked her.

She smiled, the accent had always got her. "Im alright, thank you."

His large hand cupped her warm cheek and he lightly swiped the tears away from her eyes. "You did great today. Everyone has an off day." He shrugged with a large smile.

She nodded with a small smile. Even though this wasnt the reason she was crying — it helped for him to say that. As he stared at her, she couldnt help but lean into him and resting her head on his chest. His hand moved from her cheek to his hair, the other rested lightly on her back. Her arms wrapped around him tightly. She felt his lips kiss her head gently, making her stomach get butterflies.

"Emily.." A familiar voice said, making her jump a little.

Cillian let his arms fall as he turned. "Can I help ya?" He asked, walking closer to the voice.

Emily still hadnt looked up and when she did, Cillian was hovering over the voice - making it hard to see.

When Cillian was pushed, the voice relieved itself. Her heart stopped,

"Joe?" She asked, her eyes going wide.

He stepped closer to her. "Hey.."

"No, No." She shook her head. "We are not doing this." She put her hands in her pocket and turned her back to him.

Before she could walk away he grabbed her arm, turning her around.

"Aye, Mate!" Cillian grabbed his shoulder but Joe pulled away angrily.

"Cillian, its alright." Emily grabbed Joe's hand, intertwining their fingers and pulling him over to an empty area.

Joe stared down at her, studying her face. Her cheeks were red, her eyes were swollen and her hair was coming undone.

"Why are you here?" She asked looking up at him.

His eyes went to their hands still together. "I wanted to see you. We need to talk about this."

"So you fly to Ireland?!" Her eyes were wide, her hand was shaking and her eyes were beginning to fill with tears. "Joe im working!"

"I know Emily! But this is important.. This could be our whole lives right here."

"Joe..."

"Emily please just listen to me. I love you." He looked down at her. "I want to be with you, I want to love you - for real. I want you hold you, kiss you... Ive had these feelings for so long and Ive never known what to do about it. I covered them up..." He held her hand up, smiling at her. "I want to hold your hand, wake up next you every morning, hold you close so every guy knows youre mine. I want you. I want you to laugh at all my stupid jokes, I want you to wear my tshirts and tell everyone you are my girl. I want you to be mine.."

She looked at him for a moment, unable to speak. This is all she has wanted for ten years. But she couldnt bring herself to say anything.

"Em? Are you broken?" He laughed, "Say something.."

"Im...Im dating Cillian." She said quickly, hoping maybe he wouldnt hear her.

His shoulders straightened up and his smiled faded. He let her hand fall, "What?" He laughed a little

"What?! Did you think I was going to wait forever? I have been waiting since I was 13!!" She backed up, yelling now.

His hand were running slowly but aggressively through his hair. "What the fuck.." He whispered. "Goddamn it, Emily." He laughed, tears slowly going down his cheeks.

"Joe, dont cry. Joe.." She cried, putting her hands on his cheeks and brushing the tears away. "Joe Im sorry."

He looked in her eyes, taking her wrist in his arms. They stared at each other, "Are you happy?" He asked, softly.

Her eyes didnt move from his. "Y-Yes."

"Thats all that matters, love." He leaned down, kissing her forehead.

When she opened her eyes, he was walking out of the set - his jacket collar popped so no one could see his face. She stood there, her face hot and wet from tears. She breathed heavily, trying to calm down.