7

After I'd taken a bath, Steve had gone to take a shower, after he'd brushed my teeth of all the food I'd tried not to waste.

Steve walked in the room I was in, he was wearing a clean set of clothes and was toweling his wet hair.

"Maybe we should go check up on the poor kitchen's progress, huh Tack?" Steve asked as he threw the towel into the laundry basket.

I got up and followed Steve out the door.
.
.
.
When the elevator doors opened, we made our way to the kitchen.

Bucky was the only one there, and he was putting cleaning supplies into the cabinet beneath the sink.

The kitchen looked and smelled clean.

To be sure, I walked around and looked for any dirty spots while Steve talked to Bucky, who still desperately needed a shower.

When I was satisfied that the kitchen was truly clean, I trotted over to Bucky's side. I sat and looked up at him, he pat my head once.

"I'm going to take a shower, any objections punk?" He asked.

Steve shook his head, "Go ahead, I'll watch Tack,".

Bucky left the room, not covered in as much food as when I'd left him earlier.

Steve opened a cupboard and took out a bowl, which he filled with dog food.

"I know you ate food from the food fight earlier, but you need to eat something better for you." Steve told me.

I sat down where I was and stared at Steve expectantly.

"Eat," Steve said after a look of realization came across his face.

I walked over to the bowl and crunched away on the flavorless kibble.