24

Lucky returned almost an hour later, Steve and I heard him before we saw him.

"You are going to see her, " Lucky growled between pants.

He exited the hallway with- Bucky?

I wagged my tail, letting it thump against the box.

Bucky froze when he saw me, his sleeve was in Lucky's mouth.

"Bucky are you okay?" Steve asked, getting up and pulling Lucky off him.

Bucky didn't move, only continued to stare.

"You can go see her Buck, she's still yours,":

That seemed to snap Bucky out of it, he stared at Steve. "But I hurt her..."

Steve looked sad, Lucky escaped Steve's grip and sat by my box. "She's fine now Buck, she misses you. You can go see her." Steve started to coax.

Bucky hesitantly approached my box.

My tail wagged harder and Bucky's face softened.

Hesitantly, Bucky extended a hand towards me, I licked his hand.

Steve came over and dragged Lucky off, "Clint's looking for you..." Steve muttered as he left the room.

As soon as Steve left, Bucky crouched by my box. "I'm sorry Tack..." Bucky muttered to me.

I reached up, extending my neck as far as I could and licked his face we could fix this.
.
.
.
Two months had passed since Bucky and I had reunited.

Today, I would be getting my legs back.

I was in Tony's lab while he put them on.

"And that goes riiiiiight... there! I'm done," Tony said, stepping back. I had a silver foreleg and back leg.

Bucky got off of the table to see me. "Stand Tack," Bucky ordered me quietly.

I shakily did as he asked.