Chapter 19

Roger

I stood outside of the bedroom door watching as Sam combed her hair not looking in the mirror she was standing in front of her. She was gone her mind elsewhere probably on Crystal. I knew she was worried but what Crystal needed is her family.

"Hey..."

"Can I help you with anything... your bedroom is down there and the kids are asleep you don't have to pretend to sleep in here." I felt so much pain in my heart looking at her reflection and just how beautiful and amazing she is but her eyes were not the same bright eyes.

"Please..." I sat on the bed and motioned for her to join me.

She walked over and sat next to me taking a deep breath and looked at me. She hid it so well but I could see the pain in her eyes and it killed me.

"We need to fix this Sammie... I love you so much and I hate being this way with you. I want to be happy and in love like we have always been."

"I am so sorry Matthew but this doesn't have a fix... Ashton comes home tomorrow and I told him everything yesterday. He will be picking the kids and I up... were going to go live with him from now on... I am sorry Mattie but it hurts to look at you." I looked at her surprised she called me the nickname it had been months since she used it and for the first time in a while I felt hope in my heart.

She went to stand and I pulled her to me. "Please don't do this to me Sammie... you and the kids are my life please. It was a huge drunken mistake and nothing but a kiss happened I swear... please Sammie don't leave me."

I let my pride go and I dropped down to my knees in front of her and I saw the shock in her eyes. "Matthew let go of me please... I can't do this..."

...

I sat in the office on the base looking at my phone with tears in my eyes. The cameras I had set up at the house fed into my phone and I could see that Ashton was helping Sam move all her stuff when it became too much and she just cried and cried into his shoulder. I could see her entire body shaking with her sobbing. I did this to my Sammie and I had to do everything in my power to fix it.

...

I ran into the house and I saw Ashton holding Sammie as she cried the kids were on the couch napping. I walked in and Ashton let go of her and walked up to me and swung and then everything went black.

Samantha

I watched Ashton punched Mattie and he slammed into the floor flat.

"Mattie!" I jumped up and ran to him cradling his head in my arms and legs. I checked his neck for a heartbeat which was dumb I admit and then went thru the steps of checking his head. I could feel tears prickling down my cheeks. "Ashton he was off guard and you hurt him! How could you do this!" I looked up at Ashton but the eyes that looked back were not the Ashton I knew.

"Sammie are you kidding me! He cheated on you... get up we are leaving!" he grabbed my arm hard.

"Stop it your hurting me!" he pulled me up causing Mattie's head to hit the ground again and the thud sounded loud.

"Let go of me Ashton stop!"

"No I am so tired of this crap!" he pulled me out the bedroom into the living room. "How are you just going to let him cheat on you!!" he pushed me on to the ground and I landed on my ribs hard hearing a crack.

"Ashton what the hell!" I felt my breath coming in short and I was gasping for breath. The kids were looking at the couch crying not understanding why the man they considered their uncle was making their mommy cry. He picked me up and slammed me into the wall holding on to my neck. I was starting to see black spots and I was clawing at his hands. "Pl..ea.."

"Now it's my turn!" he slammed me into the floor and started pulling up at my dress. He was running his hands up my leg.

"Ashton please" I looked over at the kids "I don't want them to see this please Ashton..."

"I don't care anymore! I gave you well enough chances to come to me and you didn't!" he ripped of my underwear slammed my head into the floor and I lost track of it all as the darkness swept me under.