Chapter 22

7 months later

"Hey baby..." I kissed his cheek rubbing the hair out of his forehead and kissing him again. "We have missed you... the kids are coming up the stairs right now to be with their daddy."

I sat carefully on the chair next to the bed and smiled "There is so much that I need to tell you and so much I want to share with you..."

I stared at him and cried and cried. I could feel my heart hacking "Please wake up... please Matty you have been asleep for far too long."

...

"He's awake!" Maria ran in with a huge smile.

I cried as I stared into Marias eyes "Really!"

"Yes... go! I will hold down the fort and get everyone ready and take all the kids"

I smiled and ran down the stairs and out the front door.

...

I stood still in front of the door with tears streaming down my face.

"Baby don't cry... those beautiful eyes they should only be happy..."

"Matty these are the happiest tears that anyone has ever had..." I stepped up to him and cried into his chest.

"Come here climb on up..." he patted the bed.

I looked at him funnily "Sorry it is to high I can't climb up there."

He laughed "You? I have seen you jumping up trees."

"Okay... there is something I need to tell you..." I smiled at him.

"Look I know you were leaving me but I am going to fight for you!"

"Listen baby..."

"Please I cannot live without you..."

"Matty! Shut up and listen!'

The door opened and the kids ran in and jumped on their dads bed. "Daddy we miss you!"

Matty looked confused and I understood exactly what was going on. "Guys can you wait outside with Brian and Brianna... let me talk to daddy please."

"Okay momma..."

I lowered the bed and sat down and took and turned Mattys head to me. "It has been a year since you woke up... I am so sorry baby. You did it to save us and it caused you to lose a whole year..."

"I... Why did I miss..."

I walked out and took Brian and Brianna in my arms and slowly walked back into the room as Matt and Kaitlyn ran down to the cafeteria with Maria and Nick.

"Matty I would like you to meet Brian and Brianna your son and daughter..."

He looked at me so confused and then looked at the kids. "I do not get this Sam... how are they mine... we... I mean..."

I felt a sting on my heart as I looked down at them. "it's ok Matt... we will figure it out you do not have to do anything." I took a few steps back and took a deep breath as the kids cried and look back at Matty. "I need to get the kids home... and I need to feed them... I will see you tomorrow..." I smiled sadly looking at Matt.

"Wait Sam..." he sat up.

"It's okay... I will... bye Mattie."

...

Roger

I sat staring at the door shocked as Sam walked away and out the door. How could this possibly be I could not be a father again. I mean we didn't... yes we did but does that match the timeline. No that would mean the kids would be older or younger.

"You are stupid idiot!" Nick walked in looking red.

"What do you want..."

"You thought the twins weren't yours." He looked hurt "that girl has sat here every single day for almost a year on your bedside the only time she left was to give birth to your twins and was immediately back and you do this to her."

"It just doesn't make sense..."

"Matthew..." he pulled a few pictures out of his pocket placed them on the bed and walked out.

I stared at the door and then looked down at the pictures and could not help but smile. The first one was of Sam with the kids and then I saw all of the kids. Sam was laying in the bed with the twins next to her and then Matt and Kaitlyn were next to them with huge smiles.

The next picture was of just the twins looking up looking peaceful and I felt my breath catch and my chest hurt as I saw my eyes on them. I felt tears slide down my cheek and smiled looking around the room and felt my smile fall as I realized the idiot I have been and stood and ran off.