CHAP23-"Sequences of him"

H        A         R        I        N

"Do you think this one's pretty?" Taehyung asked, holding up a necklace that had a weird looking creature hanging on it.

"Um, that's an alien? You had to select that one out of all these pretty ones" I asked, frowning in worry to look at it.

"I like it" he simply quoted, admiring the little brown thing dangling from it.

"Yea, but Ashly won't like that for sure" I said, crossing both my arms over each other, looking dissatisfied to convince him to leave it where he found it. Hesitantly, he went to the corner of the shop and kept the necklace back where it belonged.

But he didn't move from that spot. It's like his feet was frozen on the white titles, not making a single movement. When curiosity was killing, more like when I was tired of waiting for him, I simply made my way to him instead.

"Tae-"I was about to try and grab his attention before I saw him playing with a necklace that was firmly dangling down from his finger, that he kept passing from finger to finger with his eyes travelling through each corner of it while smiling.

"That's a really pretty one! But it would have been better if it was a heart pendent instead, don't you think so?" I asked, waiting for an answer but it took longer than expected for him to open up to my opinion.

"I like this a lot-"he said, continuing after a pause "-A paper plane pendant"

I was amused. Normally when a guy selects a necklace, it's always a heart or something closer since many of them think a heart would represent what relationship they have. But Tae thinks differently. He chose a 'Paper Plane' pendant that danced down the finely polished metal chain.

"Why did you choose a paper plane out of all the other designs?" I asked, looking at him warmly, a feeling of awe written on my face that was more than mesmerized at his choice.

"I don't know. I just know this will look good on her" he replied, not losing his sight from the necklace.

"Well okay" I surrendered, knowing how much weird yet smart he is.

"When will you tell her you like her! Is she going to be my sister in law? I'm so excited. But I'll name your kids okay!? Deal?" I spoke all too soon and gestured my hands to Taehyung's side, asking for a handshake.

But he was too flustered to answer me. Taehyung, quickly diverted his eyes away from me before answering. "What are you even blabbering. Let me pay for this now" he was in a hurry, quickly walking away from.

"Urgh. I know you like her okay. It's quite obvious" I remarked, looking annoyed as I joined Tae out of the shop. He laughed. Thank god.

"It's still early. Do you have anywhere else to go or are you going to follow me around" he asked, ruffling my bangs after I raised such a statement at him. It was more than difficult to set my hair when it's so cold outside, but I guess he never ever cared for my efforts to keep them together.

"Don't worry, I won't spoil your secret date" I said, playfully winking at him with a crooked smile on.

"Learn to wink first" he said, pulling down my beanie, covering my eyes.

I was a little annoyed by the fact that he fully ruined my hair. But like always, it never mattered to him. By the time I raised my beanie, he was gone.

After I helped Taehyung pick out a necklace, I had decided in advance to return back Jungkook's coat.

I'm not looking for excuses. Am I?