CHAP39-"Her mischief's"

J     U     N     G     K     O     O     K

I saw him.

A man wearing a black hoodie was pointing a loaded gun at the boy that stood in front without any mercy. He was tall, not much though. Black mask, pants, shirt and that was all I could draw. The small boy from a distance was crying relentlessly.

It was not just the three of them. There was a girl, standing like a statue, having no change in the way she stood. Was she even breathing?

My phone. The only way to get a clear look at them from where I hid was my phone. Jumping directly into the crime scene would be just stupid of me. So I decided to observe. I can't battle a gun, of course.

I opened my camera and zoomed into the scene.

Because of the hoodie, there was no way I could see the murderer. The child was far from the zoom angle. The girl. She looked familiar. She looks exactly like her.

She is her.

What the holy shit.

Harin?

The gun was fired. The sound of the gunshot was the loudest one I've heard. This was not a movie, this is happening. The phone was shivering in my hands and I didn't think twice before clicking record. I didn't know why I did it. I just did.

Harin's legs were shivering, but her face stayed still as she bit her lips and closed both her eyes shut. Why wasn't she bothered by it!!! I don't understand.

It was a loud ass fucking gunshot and she didn't care or even flinch.

Was she kept hostage? Was she scared? Was she frozen? Was there some threat?

The anonymous killer just stood there, probably smiling behind the mask at the pleasure he is enjoying. He seemed psychotic and sick. The height of the man was somehow familiar; it felt like I've stood beside him? And that kept bothering me. His hands that were uncovered were very manly. I wasn't sure if he was young or not.

The man placed a paper on the corpse head and walked to the child. That made me mad, my jaws clenched in the sudden anger.

I won't let him harm the child.

Without thinking I walked into the scene, almost reaching there. But my legs paused when the murderer just talked into the child's ear, which I could hear from how near I got than before.

"It's okay. That Noona who saved you can save your brother" he said, catching the attention of the shivering child.

"You see, if you keep calling Noona's name she will wake up and save your brother. So keep calling her name okay?" he continued, making the child leave hiccups when he wanted to speak.

"What's Noona's name?" he asked, crying so hard I could just smack this guy's head regardless of the consequences. He was only a child. And he had to witness this cruel act.

The murderer tilted his head, running his hands down the child's hair before answering and escaping from there.

"Harin"

What? How does he know her name?

The child believed his words and started calling her. My body immediately moved to hide from the both of them.

The child opened up and called her name once.

Harin, nothing happened.

Harin, no movements.