AFTERWORD

Hello there, dear reader,

You see, I'm not a writer. I'm not a writer at all but I do like to sit down and type here and there when inspiration hits hard enough. However, I also have this habit of never actually finishing anything I start. I mostly give up on chapter two, so the fact that I managed to finish this is a huge milestone in my writing career (if it even can be called that).

This started off as a one shot that was supposed to go up on Archive Of Our Own. I was sitting at a café with this friend of mine who was talking about wanting to write an 'It' fanfic and I got this idea of writing something myself stuck in my head. At that time I had just recently started season two of my beloved Stranger Things and, few days later, when I finished the last episode I sat on my bed, at 2am on a school night, in the dark of my bedroom, thinking that Billy and Steve would make hell of a good couple. And after that I thought about it more and more and more, and then one day I opened my laptop and  vomited out 4000 words and thought yeah, I'll finish it tomorrow, 5000 words is quite enough. Well, the next day I added another 2000 and put it on Wattpad in hopes of some kind of feedback. It did well and so I was encouraged to write more. Now it has more than 11K words and it's probably the longest thing I have ever written.

So here's the thing - I know the grammar, punctuation and typos are all over the place, but what can you expect from a kid who isn't even a native English speaker? (Excuses, excuses, let's not talk about that, shall we?) For once, I really, truly, genuinely enjoyed writing something and the feedback makes me so damn happy.

I'm very much aware that I kind of left out a whole lot of issues when it comes to Billy (for example the racism thing - I really can't stand for that and it kind of made me question writing this entire fanfic at all but well). Also, there were almost no mentions of the actual Stranger Things storyline (but let's be honest, Billy and Steve have enough shit going on, they don't need to have to deal with a bunch of demodogs, do they?). But this was never really supposed to become a full story.

Okay, enough justifying, it is what it is. I hope you enjoyed reading A Brief History of Falling for Billy Hargrove. I most certainly enjoyed writing it (although my grades did go steeply downhill - I'm not sorry, priorities are priorities).

May death never stop you,

Lena.