Part 2 - Basics

A/n - So one thing that has annoyed me about other harem books is that at the start, there is a list of all the girls featured. Because A) That means you know who is in it, and unlike your character, you know them before they physically appear; and B) I forget what some of them look like, and then I have to go all they way back to the start. Therefore, I will put a picture of the new girl when they appear in the book (sorry if it's from an actual anime or something like that) and every 5 or 6 chapters, I'll do a recap with all the new girls. And the cover girl is Lieutenant Colonel Shields.

--------

1510hrs - Drop off point Echo; Rose Barracks - Your POV

Only slightly less startled to when you arrived at the base, you are escorted to an open topped land rover, where you and the Lt. Colonel are driven away to presumably her office.

You: So why am I here? To fight the good fight?

Lt. Col: 'The good fight' my arse, wars are only good for those who seek it, and they are the ones who more often than not lose it.

You: Seriously though, the only military experience I've had is a few years of cadets back in high school, and that was just for shits and giggles.

Lt. Col: Did you now? That makes my life a lot easier. It basically goes back to genes, many of your ancestors were great leaders in their time of need. Your grandfather, for example, led daring raids against the Nazis in the North African campaign,  and I seem to remember he took an entire anti-tank trench system filled with 88's with only 7 other soldiers in the European theatre and then, to top it all off, captured a Karl-Gerat Siege Mortar. God, those Germans had good technology...

You: I knew I had some form of military history in my blood. And that's why I have this! (whips out sword from bag)

Lt. Col: I'm pretty sure we have a rule about personal weapons, but that looks too badass to take away.

You: Thanks I guess, but I wouldn't give it up without a fight.

Lt. Col: That shows spirit: I like that.

You: So I vaguely understand why I'm here, but why am I the only man here?

Lt. Col: I don't know. The government just one day formed this base and got some of the best female staff in the region, without telling anyone here why.

You: That's reassuring...

Lt. Col: Don't worry, somethings are just better left unquestioned. Maybe we'll both get told later. Who knows.

You: Good point.

Lt. Col: We're at my office, now. So get out and I'll inform you of your training inside.

1515hrs - Shield's Office - Your POV

Lt. Col: Because you did cadets, it means that you don't need as much training as other recruits, but just a short refresher course. What roles did you do in a Section?

You: Depends on who else was in it: sometimes I was in command, sometimes rear gunner with the LSW.

Lt. Col: That means you're used to fully automatic weapons with a selector switch. That'll help you be accustomed to the L85 rather than the L98*. Training will be begin tomorrow at 0900.

A/N - Just to help you understand: A section is a squad with 8 men and the L85 A2 is  the British standard assault rifle, with the L86 Light Support Weapon is the section's machine gun and the L98 is the cadet version of the L85, but it can only be semi automatic. I'll explain more as it goes on.