7

I freeze when I hear clattered sounds. Aragorn steps back. 'Melamin?(my love)' My heart skips a beat. I hear Gandalf suddenly yell. 'Fool of a Took!' And then a low rolling boom. The sound is growing louder and louder.

Boom. Boom. A drum. A horn blasts nearby. Now we all hear running feet and harsh cries. I take Aragorn's hand. He looks at me. 'Gi Melin' I say softly so only its if for him to hear. Again I feel his lips on my. The kiss before was loving and comforting. This one is with passion and fear. Again he breaks the kiss and we hug one last time before we join the Fellowship again. 'Mr Frodo' Sam says worried. We all look to Frodo.

Frodo looks down, a cold blue glow is emanating from his sword. He draws it and stares at its glowing blade.

Valar please no..

'Orcs!' hisses Legolas. Aragorn draws his sword. 'Go back! And stay close to Gandalf!' Aragorn tells the young hobbits. Then he runs together with Boromir to the door en wedge it. I see Boromir looking at Aragorn with fear in his eyes, more like shock. 'They have a cave-troll!' Boromir screams. Gimli leaps onto the tomb with two rusty Dwarf axes in his hands. 'Let them come! There is one Dward yet in Moria who still draws breath!' he yells. I chuckle. I draw my sword and the door burst open. Wood fragments raining down on us. And more than twenty goblins charge into the tomb, followed by a hugh cave troll. Legolas immediately begins firing his arrows. Aragorn and Boromir are swinging with their sword, even the young ones are fighting fierce. Gandalf is fighting with his staff and his sword. And i?

Again I stand frozen to the ground, feeling myself getting weaker by the second. 'Elarinya' a dark voice sounds in my mind. Echoing. I see the cave troll sweeping his club at Aragorn and he stumbles backwards. Boromir helps Aragorn by slicing the arm of the troll. The arm falls off. But then Boromir sees me and screams Aragorn his name. I see Legolas moving towards me.

'Aragorn! Aragorn!' Frodo screams in fear. I hear Sam screaming as Frodo is lifted off his feet and slams against the wall. Aragorn is in battle with himself, helping me or Frodo. 'Frodo' I make the name with my lips and Aragorn looks at me. Again with so much love my heart skips a beat.

Frodo lies on the ground. Is he dead?

Aragorn runs to him while the hobbits are going crazy. Sam slashes the cave trolls knee, bringing him down. Merry and Pippin jump on him. Legolas, now standing beside me, is firing arrows. And then, the fool creature falls on the ground. Dead.

My knees give in and I fall on the hard floor. Legolas sits in seconds beside me. holding me. I feel drained from energy.

I hear Frodo cough and take a huge breath. He is alive!

That is the last I hear before my eyes close.

'You are mine! Do you hear me Elarinya Caladwen. You shall never be his. I have taken you and so you are mine. You have lied and fooled us. You shall not survive this war! Mark my words!'

Boom! Boom! I open my eyes at the sound of the drums. Legolas is holding me and his blue eyes flicker with worry. 'Mellon! Mani marte?' (What happened?)

'I heard a voice, he said I was his' I shiver at the thought. But I am taken from Legolas his arms and now I am in His arms. 'Who said that?' His voice is low, angry and worried. 'I don't know' I bow my head, ashamed of my behavior. But for anyone can say something, the drums start again, more nearby and louder this time. 'To the bridge of Khazad-Dúm!' Gandalf leads us away of the room full of dead goblins and takes us to a huge chamber. 'This way!' Gandalf screams.

We hurry towards a distant door, but the goblins start scuttling down the pillars, they move like cockroaches! We all look with horror at the goblin army rushing towards us. But then a deafening roar fills the air and a fiery light dances down the hallway. The goblins freeze and they back fearfully away from the approaching beast. 'What is this new devilry?' Boromir hisses. A huge shadow, surround by flame, falls across the hall and the ground shakes. 'A Balrog, a demon of the ancient world! This foe is beyond any of you!' Gandalf says in a whisper. 'Run! Quickly!' He yells. We start running to the stairway of khazad-dum. A massive creature rises from a chasm behind us. Aragorn leads us to the top of the dizzying stairway. Gandalf is leaning heavily on his staff. 'Lead them Aragorn! The bridge is near' Gandalf tells Aragorn. I can see Aragorn is hesitating. 'Do as is say; swords are no more use here' Gandalf says in a stern voice. We all look to Gandalf and back to Aragorn. And then we start running again. We stop for a gaping chasm. Legolas and Boromir jumping over and land perfectly on the other side. I toss the three hobbits over. And then Aragorn picks up Gimli, to throw him over. 'Nobody tosses a Dwarf!' Gimli yells and Aragorn puts him down. Gimli takes a few steps back and then he jumps. Right for the edge he falls down. But Legolas grasp his beard. 'Not the beard! Not the beard!' Gimli screams again. I chuckle. Now it is only Gimli, Aragorn and me on this platform. Aragorn looks at me. 'Catch her Legolas!' He yells at a sudden and throws me over. I land safely in the arms of Legolas. Aragorn leans forward and the platform is crashing with the one we stand on. He and Frodo are save. Gandalf is still standing on the other side, fighting with the Balrog. 'Over the bridge! Fly!' He yells at us. And again we race towards the bridge at the far end of the hall. We hurry over the bridge. But Gandalf pauses in the middle of the span and faces the Balrog again. 'You cannot pass!' He screams. 'Gandalf!' Frodo yells alarmed at Gandalf. I feel that Merry is grabbing my sleeve. I give him a reassuring smile.  'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn!' Gandalf screams. We all watch Gandalf with respect and horror. 'Go back to the Shadow!' The Balrog slashes at Gandalf with his sword of flame. But Gandalf blocks the sword. And the Balrogs sword shatters into molten fragments. 'You shall not pass!' Gandalf booms. The Balrog places one foot onto the bridge.

Gandalf cries aloud when he thumps the bridge with his staff and a blinding sheet of with flame springs up. The bridge breaks right at the Balrogs feet. The stoned bridge drops away into the gulf. And the Balrog falls down. We all feel relieved but Gandalf remains trembling on the lip of the broken bridge. We hear the sound of a lash and we see Gandalf hang on the bridge with his fingertips. He is taken down! ''Gandalf!' screams Frodo in fear. 'Fly, you fools!' says Gandalf fierce. He lets go his grip and falls. Following the Balrog into the abyss. Frodo cries out for Gandalf and tries to reach him. But Boromir scoops him up and carries him away. We rush towards an archway and run. We just run. We tumble out of a gate on to a grassy hillside. Sam, Merry and Pippin fall slowly to the ground, sobbing. 'Legolas get them up!' Aragorn says urgently. 'Give them a moment for pity's sake!'' Boromir says sadly. I give Aragorn a look and help the hobbits up and wipe away their tears. 'By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlórien' Aragorn says now more gently. I see Frodo walking away, like he is dazing. 'Frodo!?' I run to him. He turns and he looks numb. I take his hand and we marches on. We walk until I can no more. But I have to. In the distance I can see a shimmer of a large forest. We are close!

We walk or running, I am to tired, across a forest floor with yellow flowers and above us is a roof of golden leaves. Gimli is looking nervous. 'Stay close, young Hobbits, they say a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell! And are never seen again!' He says I grumpy voice. 'Well, here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!'

We are suddenly surrounded by armed elves. Arrows are aimed at our heads. And Haldir,the captain, steps forward. 'The Dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark' Haldir says and I can't help it but chuckle. 'Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion' (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil)

'Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien' (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien) Legolas says. Haldir glances at me and Aragorn. 'A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen' (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us) 'Iston i nîf lîn' ( i know your face) I feel the eyes of Aragorn in my back. 'Nae saian luume' (it has been to long) I say to Haldir and he smiles at me. 'Haldir' Aragorn is standing next to me, laying his hand on my shoulder. 'So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can also understand!' Gimli mumbles. 'We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days' Haldir answes him.

'And you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!' (I spit on your grave!) Aragorn takes Gimli by the arm. 'That was not so courteous' Aragorn says stern.

Haldir walks over to Frodo. 'You bring great evil with you' Then he turn to Aragorn. 'You can go no further' Haldir starts to walk away. But Aragorn walks after him. 'Boe ammen veriad lîn. Andelu i ven' (We need your protection. The road is fell!) I can see Haldir wishsper something to Aragorn so only he can hear it. 'Andelu i ven!' (The road is very dangerous)

I sign and sit down on the forest ground. Boromir approaches Frodo. 'Gandalf's death was not in vain. nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead' I smile about his words for Frodo. That was nice. Suddenly Haldir stands before Frodo. 'Very well. Here we will stay awhile, and come to the city of Galadhrim on the morrow!'

Aragorn did it! We are going to see the lady of Light!