16

'Elarinya Caladwen'

I blink a couple of times. I am in a dark place. I am chained, again. Great, just great. Who is it this time?

'Finally you are with me, I have you!'

'What? No you don't have me! I am not yours and I never will be!' I scream. At a sudden I feel pain in my wounded side, more then I felt before. 'Don't say that!' I look up for the first time. A man is standing before me, clothed in black armour. But he doesn't seem complete, more like he is a hallucination. But I can feel him torture me. 'Amin delotha lle' (I hate you) I spit at him. He begins to laugh, evil en sinister. 'You don't know who i am? Do you?'

'Why shall I know you, you do know me but I don't know you'

'I am the Eye! I am Sauron!' Now I am the one who laughs. 'Sauron is not even a man yet. He doesn't have the strength for it' Pain flashes through my cheek. 'You felt that, that was my hand on your delicate cheek. I am Sauron, I have the form of a man, but my mental self is the eye. I am just physic, so I can touch you'

'Stay away from me!' I try to break free, free from the chains that keep my prison. 'Do you want to see your friends?' He asks me in a sweet tone. I shake my head. Suddenly his mood has changed. 'Look!' There is the bulb, the bulb who gave me so much pain and fear. So that is how he was communicating with Saruman. 'This Palantir is my window' He whispers in my ear. A light flashes through it and I am standing in the hall of the king in Minas Tirith. My Fellowship is sitting together. Gimli on the chair of the now late Steward, the rest is standing silently and I can see Éomer, the nephew of king Théoden. Gandalf is standing with is back at them, I walk past a pillar into the middle of the hall. But they can't see me.

'Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening' Gandalf says in fear. He turns around, walking to the other men. 'If Sauron had the Ring, we would know it' Aragorn says suggesting. 'It's only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping' Gandalf sounds so worried, even he has lost hope?

'Let him stay there. Let him rot. Why should we care?' Gimli grunts. Gandalf turns to Gimli, his face ashen. 'Because ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom!' He says a bit loud. I walk past Gandalf and stand next to Aragorn. I am so close that if I was really there, I could take his hand in mine. 'I've sent him to his death' Gandalf says more to himself. 'No' Aragorn says loud. 'No, There's still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the Plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that'

'How?'

'Draw out Sauron's armies - empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate' Gimli chokes on his pipe in surprise and Éomer steps forward. 'We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms'

Not for ourselves ... But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves' Aragorn answers him sounding more hopeful.

'A diversion' Legolas says questioning.

'Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait!' Gandalf tells Aragorn in a low voice, he sounds doubtful. Gimli jumps from his seat. 'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?!'

And I am back, I feel drained from energy. But Aragorn is coming! 'And is your beloved Ranger King dead yet?'

'No, he is very much alive, but he is seeking me' I lie. So he doesn't know their plan. Only one person can see through the palantir. 'You know you are special. Even the Lady of Light told you that. Do you know why?' He sounds annoying, even bored. 'Tell me then!' I scream in fury. I am sick of this. Nine months. Nine troubled months I hear that I am special. And now at the end of things, at the end of freedom I hear it again. I am boiling with anger. I can feel the anger as lava flow through me. 'My queen'

'I AM NOT YOUR QUEEN!' I scream with so much anger and fury, my chains break. The melt from my wrists and ankles. Again the pain is back and this time I am flying? I can see Aragorn riding at the head of a column of five hundred foot soldiers from Rohan and Gondor, he leads them from the ruins of Osgiliath. Aragorn is wearing a breast plate emblazoned with the white tree. So he took his place on the throne! My love!

Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Merry, Pippin and Éomer ride directly behind him, they are making their way to Mordor.

Pain.

And I am back. 'Is he still seeking for you?'

'Yes' I answer coldly.

'I shall tell you the tale of the last queen of the Dúnedain'

Queen? 'Queen of Gondor you mean' Again he hit my cheek. 'Silence!' I feel my chains again on my wrist and ankles. Melt, melt again! 'So, where was I? So the last queen of the Dúnedain was a women from the Elven race and the race of Men. She was an half-Elven. She fell in Love with another Elf. But I shall keep that story short. She fell in love with me. Sauron. So my women was a decendant from an Elf who was the keeper of the internal flame. And she was the next keeper of it. But she died!' He looks at me, or his body, hallucination looks at me and I feel myself burning. 'And for a long time there was no keeper of the flame. Until you were born!'

'So you want the flame?' Am I the flame? I don't get it at al. 'I can't get the flame, I can do it but you die and the flame shall extinguish. You have to give the flame freely to me'

'And why shall I do that?'

'If you don't do that, your friends, your love shall all die tonight!' He screams. The burning feeling rises and I begin to scream. I become ash, I feel it!

Bam. Again I am with my Fellowship, flying before them. It is quiet before the gates of Mordor. The night has fallen. 'Where are they?' I hear Pip whisper warily. Gandalf is looking at the gates with an alert and watchful eye. Then he nods at Aragorn and the Fellowship together with Éomer is galloping towards the black gates. The stop at less fifty yards from the towering gates. Aragorn moves his hors forward. 'Let the lord of the Black Land come forth; let justice be done upon him!' Aragorn yells. From behind the gates a terrifying chanting and clanging of the armour of thousands orc sounds. And with the sound of tortured mental, because these gates were so long closed, the massive gates begin to open. Sauron's army of three hundred thousand orcs march out. 'Pull back! Pull back!' Aragorn commands. They gallop back to their small army as the orc masses slowly march towards them.

'They are here! Watch how your love, your king dies today!' Sauron yells and then he disappears. The hallucination I mean. So now I am alone in this dark room, bounded by chains. I know now finally why they called me special. They wanted to feel the flame, to have it. I become angry; at myself, because again I have showed myself weak and I am angry at the people who knew I had these kind of powers and not told me anything. And again I am so angry at myself! I start to scream again and the burning feeling is spreading throughout my body. My chains are now melting completely and flames come from my body and put the castle in a slight hue. My long hair also flies and seems to burn too. I think of Aragorn and my fellowship and suddenly I can see Aragorn giving hope to his men;' I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day – an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Men comes crashing down - but it is not this day!! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth - I bid you stand men of the West!' I smile, good. Then Aragorn runs forwards and he is followed by two little hobbits screaming an fighting roar. And so the battle begins.