Blackberry cornmeal cake

Ingredients:
½ Pear
1 box of Blackberries
1 ½ Cups of Flour
½ Cup of Cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 Cup of Sugar (plus more for the top)
½ Cup Heavy Cream
2 large eggs
1 Stick melted butter
1 tablespoon of butter for pan
Directions:
First you want to wash and cut up your fruit and preheat the oven to 375 degree F.

Melt the butter and set to the side you want it melted but not overly hot.

Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl.

In another bow whisk together the melted butter, eggs, heavy cream, until smooth.

Next poor the wet ingredients over the dry and either whisk or use a spatula to mix everything together. You want everything to be fully incorporated you dont want any little flour balls hanging out because the cake wont cook properly and when someone bites in there will be a pop of flour.

In a 10 inch pan put the 1 tablespoon of butter and put the pan in the oven for about 3-5 minutes you just want the butter to melt.

Now you can either add the cake batter now and put the fruit on top and just kind of fold them in a little bit, or you can mix them together and then pour. It just depends on how incorporated you want the fruit. Buy putting them on second the fruit will be mostly on the top of the cake almost like a layer of fruit compared to throughout the cake batter. I put the fruit on last.

Then you want to sprinkle a little bit of sugar on the top this will give a crunchy texture to the top of the cake.

Then put the cake into the oven and bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the cake has a nice brown color and is fully cooked on the inside.

And then you’ll want to let it sit for about 20-30 min to let it cool and then enjoy! it came out fairly well although I could have used a larger cake pan mine is slightly smaller than 10 inches.

You can add some chocolate sauce and berries to decorate like the picture! I hope you all enjoyed this!