43 | nxt takeover war games

╳ ╳ ╳ 

HI, I'M VIOLET FROM
WATTPAD AND WHAT
JUST HAPPENED?

NOVEMBER 18, 2017 — I just finished watching NXT TakeOver War Games, and I am emotionally drained. That my friends, was one hell of an event!

    ➊ KASSIUS OHNO VS LARS SULLIVAN

   I love Kassius Ohno. I love him more for his Indy work as Chris Hero, but altogether he's a brilliant wrestler. I knew nothing about Lars Sullivan prior to NXT, so I'll just say that he's really grown on me.

   This was a good match to open the show because in my opinion, it's the one with the least build up. Regardless of that, Lars did come out looking like a beast. If NXT gets it right, I think that these two men could potentially make for a Braun vs Brock type of match.  

   p.s. ohno's theme song is the catchiest thing ever. 

    GRADE: B, 8.5 / 10.

   ➋ ALEISTER BLACK VS THE VELVETEEN DREAM

   Excuse me, but oh my god. Where do I even start? It's such a stupid thing to say, but I'm only saying it because there's so much I have to gush about this EPIC match and my brain is scattered.

   FIRST OF ALL, VELVETEEN DREAM. I'll admit that when I first heard this name, I thought it was stupid. I still think it's a little too much, but I'm okay with that. I would do my research, but I'm too much of a lazy slug at the moment.

    So from what I know at the top of my head is that the Velveteen Dream was Patrick Clarke in WWE Tough Enough, right? What I'm skeptical about is if he's had prior wrestling experience, or is solely a product of the wonderful delightful Performance Center?

    If he is, holy fucking shit, wow! Not that I don't believe that the PC can cultivate top talent, but I'm just so blown away by his performance. Talk about making ONE HELL OF A MEMORABLE PPV debut. 

    His hair was on point, his leggings with one side having his face and the other having Aleister's gave me life. So much life in fact, that I want a pair. Put that as a merch item please! 

    I'm just so in love with how he developed his character / gimmick. Honestly, this is the type of gimmick that years ago would have been a joke. Heck, it would be treated as a joke on the main roster. 

   In NXT however, it's perfect. Is it just me, or is the Velveteen Dream a hybrid of Prince and Lafayette from True Blood? I just bloody love it all. 

   The VELETEEN'S DREAM look is ONE OF A KIND, and the fact that he's proven to be great in a ring too makes him the whole package. He's a f*cking superstar.

   Aleister Black is another unique cat, and I'll never stop singing him praises. His wrestling style is completely unique, and I keep saying this, but I swear he'll be that one in a life time Superstar that will develop into a mega star. The way he carries himself, the fact that he can cut a promo, it has money and star potential written all over it.

 The way he carries himself, the fact that he can cut a promo, it has money and star potential written all over it