Chapter 11 : feelings

Zaizen confessed his love for me, in front of everyone(!) He is the one who need to feel ashamed but why am I blushing? Everybody started cheering and Gotou was pulling my arm. "Ss-stoph", I mumbled to her. She giggled. "Now now, can our lucky girl stand up!", the teacher pointed at me. What am I supposed to say? I don't feel the same as Zaizen does. I stood next to him, all eyes were on us. Zaizen wanted to ask something but I interrupted him. "I'm sorry", I bowed and apologized. "I don't want to disgrace you, but I need to go.", I finished my sentence.

I took my pullover and left the circle, I told Gotou to stay. I heard some people booing, and they were right. i'm such a coward. He felt something for me and I didn't respected his feelings. I ran to the hallway, I feel so guilty but also relieved. Was this the best I could do? Zaizen is a nice boy who always helped me in class, but I don't want any romantic bound with him. Where is Aoyama when I need him. I really want to talk to him because when I do, I feel much better. He wasn't in his room. I sighed and looked at the time, It was quite late. But my stomach is telling me it is empty.

No sooner said than done, I found myself at the cafeteria. I thought I could eat alone without anyone seeing me, but my thoughts weren't correct. I could smell a familiar scent. The scent of... polish? Aoyama was here as well, but for cleaning the cafeteria instead of searching for food like me. He was concentrating on his cleaning so he had no clue of me standing behind him. Should I greet him? Or should I walk away just like nothing happened? Will he think I am a fatty if I say I came here for food, at this hour?

"Aoyama-kun, do you need any help?", I finally found out what to say. He turned around and smiled. "What brings you here?", He asked back. Before I could answer him, my stomach let out a loud grown. Aoyama stood up and laughed. "You know what, I'm hungry too.", He now made his way to the kitchen. Aoyama wanted me to follow him so I did. "Can we just eat without asking?", I whispered shy. Not that I don't want to eat with him, but I don't want to cause any more problems. "Don't worry, I'll cook for you.", Aoyama stated. I giggled, he will what?

Aoyama guided me to a chair and opened a cabinet. Couple of older girls from other classes once told me that Aoyama is a good chef, but that he would cook for me was surprising. I heard a sigh, Aoyama was disappointed. "Excuse me, but the chef is out of ingredients today. Would you be happy with a sandwich?", he asked jokingly. I giggled and stood up, trying to help the boy.

We made 4 sandwiches with all the ingredients that were over, it was the last day so the kitchen-cabinets were empty. Tomorrow was the last day and then we are returning to our hometown. How could 2 days pass so quickly? "Thanks for the food, chef Aoyama~", I teased him.

Aoyama laughed but was still disappointed. "I promise you to make a proper meal, next time.", He whispered. I chuckled at his sudden reaction. Should I tell him about what happened? I want to free my mind with him. Only him. When I was done eating my sandwich, I pushed my chair closer to Aoyama's. He was still eating but stoped by my sudden action. While he was eating I started telling about what happened before.

"-And than Zaizen pointed at me.. what do you think, what do I need to do?", I asked after my story. Aoyama was quiet, more than he is normally. Does he think I'm weird because of what I told him? I heard a chuckle escaping from his mouth. "Hey it is not funny! I'm serious here!", I said with a louder tone. He chuckled and took our dishes to lay it in the sink. "Do you feel the same for him?", Aoyama directly asked. I shook my head, I do not have 'romantic' feelings for Zaizen. "Than, is there another person you like.", Aoyama asked again. How can he ask things like this without trouble? I nervously answered him with a 'yes'.

Is he also going to ask who? Because than I don't think I can answer him. He was done cleaning the dishes and came next to me. "I trust you, so I don't have problems talking with you. I am going to be honest. I already knew that Zaizen liked you. He asked me for advice.", Aoyama said. His words made me confused. "But I never thought he would actually confess to you.", He quickly added. There was something weird about Aoyama's expression. He looked sad but he didn't gave up trying to help me. "Now you have told me your secret, should I tell you mines?", I asked Aoyama. He lifted his eyebrows in surprisement.

Aoyama nodded and wanted me to continue, and I did. I made myself ready. Normally I don't do things like this, but my heart says I need to. The blue haired boy was staring at me. "I don't have feelings for Zaizen, because you already take that place.", I cooed.

'What kind of sentence was that!' I cursed to myself.

I felt my cheeks heating up and Aoyama's were also getting a pinkish colour. He was chuckling at me. But it wasn't in a negative way. He placed his hands on my head and patted. "This is not the first time someone confesses to me...", he whispered.

"But this is the first time, that when someone confesses I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my body."

[kind of edited~]