Chapter 11

Ashlynn and Edmund were lead to the Witch's sleigh by the same dwarves that had put them in the dungeon

Ashlynn and Edmund were lead to the Witch's sleigh by the same dwarves that had put them in the dungeon. Ashlynn was relieved to have a breath of fresh air after being stuck in the musty cell for so long. Edmund was forced onto the sleigh, crammed into the bottom part at the Witch's feet. Ashlynn followed suit. The two children were much too close for comfort; Ashlynn could practically hear Edmund's heartbeat in the close vicinity. The sleigh jerked forward, signaling the start of their journey. And it was going to be a long one. 

.................

The group rode for hours, Ashlynn bouncing over the rough terrain. Her cheeks were red from the wind biting her face, and her legs had gone numb long ago. But as the sleigh flew deeper into the woods, Ashlynn noticed a slight change in temperature; the harsh winter wind shifting into a light summer breeze. Ashlynn smiled when she saw tiny leaves on trees, and the sun peaking through the clouds. She didn't know what was causing the magic to occur, but she hoped it would end the winter soon. 

The sleigh pulled to a stop in a clearing a top a waterfall. Ashlynn could hear the water rushing nearby, and she practically leaped out of the sleigh to see it. Ashlynn gaped in awe at the landscape in front of her. It seemed as though the Narnia she once new was completely destroyed and replaced with a happier, more hopeful one. A smile crept across Ashlynn's lips when she felt the sun kiss her body, warming her for the first time in a while. When Ashlynn turned back to face the group she was surprised to see a small fox being interrogated by the Witch. Ashlynn stumbled over, listening carefully to the conversation. 

       "Where is Aslan? Answer me!" The Witch shouted, raising her wand high. 

       "Stop!" Ashlynn cried, throwing herself in front of the fox. 

       "The Beaver said something about the Stone Table. That Aslan has an army there," Edmund attempted to spare the fox's life. 

       "Thank you Edmund, I'm glad this creature got to see some honesty before he died," said the Witch before she turned to plunge the wand into the fox. 

However, Ashlynn would not budge. She threw her arms out in front of her and looked directly at the Witch, daring her to kill her. The Witch rolled her eyes before knocking Ashlynn's temple with her staff, successfully knocking the girl aside. But Ashlynn wouldn't back down. She reached out to grab the staff before the fox could be killed, but she was too late. Ashlynn only managed to move the staff slightly off center, so instead of the Witch killing the fox, he was turned to stone. The Witch whirled around to face Ashlynn, a death glare evident in her eyes. She let out a roar of frustation and backhanded Ashlynn, reopening the cut on her lip she had received in the same way. She tumbled into Edmund's arms, who held her back to prevent her from doing anything rash. The Witch straightened herself, turning to Ginabrick and saying, 

       "If it's a war Aslan wants, it's a war he shall get." 

....................

Ashlynn was amazed at the speed the Witch had managed to set up a camp. Before night had even fallen, the Witch had assembled her, rather large, army and set up a base for preparation. Loud clangs of metal being molded into weapons echoed through the forest, leaving Ashlynn's ears ringing. Her and Edmund had been tied to a tree, their arms wrapped in coarse rope. Ashlynn could feel the trails of blood dripping down her wrists from her squirming, causing her to give up her futile attempt of escape. Gina brick stood before the two, taunting them and making ludicrous comments to their faces. Ashlynn had quite a few things to say to him,  it she was unable due to the gag that was tied in her mouth. 

The sun had set and Ashlynn had nodded off into a restless sleep when a sudden commotion came up. A war cry echoed through the camp, followed by loud hoofsteps. Three centaurs and a faun came running towards Edmund and Ashlynn, slaughtering anyone in their way. They cut the children free and hoisted them onto their backs in a matter of seconds, and took off into the woods before anyone could even blink. Ashlynn let out a chuckle at the exasperated face of Ginabrick, who had been tied to the tree in their place. Her and Edmund shared a look, knowing they were finally safe. 

Word Count: 768

[Not Edited]

Question: Favorite superhero? 

Answer: Too many to pick! But if I had to narrow it down to one (and this is only in DC) I'd probably have to say Dick Grayson's Robin. He's awesome!