122

Harrison was the best. It was evident he was having a blast out there on the field. In between plays, he was talking to guys on the opposing AFC team and on the defense. He was also being completely dominant out there on a field full of the NFL's best.

He'd just showed his hops off to the entire world again, jumping up and swatting a pass down from Tom Brady to Antonio Brown. He actually jumped to early and had to swat the pass down as gravity was pulling him back towards the ground. The way he fell, he was going to land hard on his back. But he flipped in mid air and landed on his feet.

Luke came running over with Richard Sherman and Clay Matthews. They picked up Richard and held him horizontal at chest level. "Jump! Jump!"

They were making Harrison a jump. He took a few steps back to get a running start. Harrison jumped over Richard easily, only having to pick his legs up to clear him. Then he took a bow as the three of them patted his helmet.

Harrison jogged back to his middle linebacker position and called out the next play. "Zone deep."

He was backed up about 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and his job was to cover any tight ends, or running backs that broke out of the backfield. He spotted Kareem Hunt, a running back from the Chiefs, break out of the backfield.

Harrison knew Tom Brady was going to dump a short pass off to him when his eyes settled on his wide open running back and didn't move from him. He was closing in as Tom Brady let go of the ball. Nobody saw Harrison coming to jump the route until he reached out and picked off the pass.

It was a nice and easy sprint to the end zone. By the time anyone had a chance to realize the ball had been picked off, Harrison was gone and nobody had a chance to catch him.

He crossed the goal line and spun around as a Luke Kuechly jumped on his back. "That was badass!"

"I know it was!"

Harrison was also smiles when some off the offensive players gave him high fives, and even Tom Brady gave him a pat on the back.

Luke ran beside him to the sidelines where the rest of the Panthers were waiting for him. He and Cam did their chest bump as everyone else began to give him high fives and pat his helmet.

Harrison broke away from his teammates for a moment when he spotted Carrie with Riley on the sidelines. He jogged past dozens of reporters and photographers to Carrie where she held Riley.

"Look who's coming."

He stopped in front of them with the ball he'd intercepted. "Look what daddy brought you."

With some help from her mommy, Riley took the football from her daddy with a big smile.

"Now tell daddy you want him to make another big play and get you another ball."

Harrison smiled and jogged back over to join his teammates.

➄➈

If this ended up being Harrison's last game, he was going out on a really good note. Only late into the second quarter with the NFC up 20-7, Harrison had an interception, a sack, a forced fumble, and was already into double digits in the tackles column.

His dark grey and white uniform was almost all green. He'd been involved in almost every play. He wasn't going to be in the game much longer, as the entire defense would be subbed out to get some other guys some playing time.

Luke quickly jogged in front of him as the ball was snapped and Le'veon Bell took off around the right tackle. Luke was able to avoid a blocker and with Harrison on his heels, wrapped up Bell and together they took him down.

After the play, he looked over at the NFC bench for signs from Coach Rivera. Beside him stood all the defenders with their helmets on. This next play would likely be his last play of the game, and possibly the last play of his career.

Harrison was determined to make it count. Luke gave him a pat on the back. He knew that this could likely be the last play of his friends career, and the last time he played on the field with him.

"Make it count."

After relaying the play call, Harrison took it all in from his spot at middle linebacker. The huge stadium packed with fans surrounding him on the field, their loud cheers, the 'HARRISON' chant, and standing in front of the opposing offense doing his job of protecting the end zone.

Harrison didn't know what he was going to do with himself if he wasn't given the okay to continue playing this summer. He still wanted to be around football and would probably find a coaching role in the Panthers organization. But it was going to be hard for him to stand on the sidelines and watch everyone else play while he was still capable.

He took a few steps to his right, then back to his left before standing still in somewhat of a squat. The ball was snapped back to Andy Dalton of the Bengals and Harrison immediately covered tight end Travis Kelce of the Chiefs.

It was intended to be a quick pass. As Harrison was in stride with Travis Kelce, he looked over his shoulder to see the ball coming. Both of them stopped as the ball was a bit under thrown. It was going to be a jump ball. Although Kelce was a few inches taller, Harrison was a lot stronger and beat him to the ball.

Just after the ball hit his hands, Harrison was securing it against his side as Travis Kelce tackled him from behind. Luke was running over, jumping and screaming as Harrison got to his feet. It wasn't worth it due to the fact that Luke, the rest of his Panthers teammates, and a few other guys tackled him to the ground.

"THAT'S HOW ITS DONE!" Luke yelled into his ear. "THAT'S HOW ITS DONE!"

Oh my gosh. Epilogue tomorrow. I'm not ready😭