The confrontation

They all arrived at the city to see Eggman and the once sonic but now a creature had arrived as well. Eggman spotted them. "What do you think of my new pet?" He said. Scourge stepped forward. "Your sick! Doing that to a poor child!" Eggman smiled and then looked at Sonic. "Destroy him." Sonic then looked at him and fired a beam of energy at him. Scourge quickly dodged but the beam hit a building causing it to explode and burst into flames. Scourge then ran at to his feet and began to run around him trying to make him dizzy. However crystals began to rise from the ground causing him to stop. Sonic then rose into the air. "He can fly, shoot laser beams, and teleport! How can we stop him?" Scourge yelled. "I don't know but we need to figure something out without attacking him." Amy said.

Scourge and Shadow then began to run around and in circles trying to distract him while tails and Amy began to plan. "How do we stop it without killing sonic?" She said. "I don't know! I need to see how he fights and try to determine a weakness in him first." "So we get him to attack us. No problem! Scourge get him to attack you!" She said. Scourge looked at her. "Why? What if he actually hurts me?" Sonic then fires a laser beam at him causing him to try and run up the side of a building. Sonic then fires again hitting the building causing it to go down with scourge burying him under a bunch of ruble. Shadow begins to unbury him. "Thanks! I couldn't breathe under there!" Just then he fires another laser beam. Scourge and Shadow both Dodge it.

Crystals then begin to rise from the ground. The crystals then begin to glow green. The crystals on his shoulders then begin to do the same thing. "I think I figured it out! Those crystals are how he gathers energy. If we can destroy them then he'll weaken!" Amy nodded.
"How do we destroy them though? There must be hundreds of them now she said looking out as more crystals rose from the ground. "We take out the ones on his shoulders, those seem to be the most important ones." Tails says. Scourge then runs over to them. "I think he's tired, he stopped attacking." Tails shook his head. "No, he is gathering energy for more attacks with those crystals, he keeps summoning them, if he does this he'll be able to generate energy without stopping for breaks. Those crystals will give him all the power he needs! We need to destroy those crystals on his shoulders!"

Sonic then stops charging and turns to look at Scourge. "Destroy the crystals! No problem! Shadow you up to it?" Shadow then nods. Scourge then takes off running for his feet. Sonic then fires another beam of energy at him. Completely distracted sonic continues to attack scourge. Shadow then throws a chaos spear at Sonic. It hits the crystal on Sonic's left shoulder causing it to explode. Sonic let's out a roar of pain and stops attacking scourge. He then shoots a energy beam at Shadow which misses but hits a building causing it to explode. Scourge then runs up Sonic's back distracting him once more. Shadow throws a chaos spear hitting Sonic's right shoulders crystal. It explodes and sonic falls back. The crystals all around the city begin to sink back into the ground.

Sonic however remains the same. Scourge then realized what he had to do. "Sonic I got you into this, and now I'm going to get you out!" Summoning all the power he had scourge took off at massive speed and jumped into the air hitting sonic right in the chest. "I am a clone or you! I have your DNA! Here have it back!" Scourge begin to to transfer all the power and all his life energy into sonic. Eggman stared as the two both were engulfed in a blinding light. "What's he doing?" Amy asked. "He is sacrificing himself, he is transferring all his energy into sonic in hopes of returning him to normal." Shadow said. "You right! But doesn't he know what that'll do to himself?"

Scourge saw as Sonic began to return back to his true form. Scourge looked at his hand, all that was left was bone, and it was melting away and transferring to Sonic. Scourge saw all of this was left of him. "This is for you!" He yelled and completely melted away. Shadow stood watching, they all did. "The ultimate sacrifice, he weakened him down just enough to where he could reverse it, but it came with a cost, his life." Tails said. A tear rolling down his cheek. The light began to die and fade away and standing there, on a platform with a big smile. Was sonic the hedgehog.