Returned (A Mad Father Fanfiction)

"...There's one thing I ask of you... Don't forget those who were sacrificed here...Hold proof in your heart that we were here..."

Chapter 1: My Home Still Stands?

It was almost seven years ago... Aya had only been a little girl, hardly ten years old when she witnessed the cruelty of her father's work. Her innocence would have disappeared as she had been at such a fragile age, but she somehow managed to stick it out as so- so many secrets were relieved. It's too much to speak of... But I can tell you the rest of the story...

Aya's P.O.V

It's been almost seven years now. Maria's leg grew infected soon after we moved into a small cottage hidden beyond reach. She died four years ago. I can't say I was sad. She had been suffering, putting her through that wasn't fair. So, for the last three years Snowball and I have been making it on our own.

This morning when I woke up, my bunny companion was curled up at the foot of my bed. I began petting Snowball as my wake up call. Nothing. Snowball didn't move. I felt my heart drop only slightly. He was dead. A got up and slowly dressed into my blue dress. Maria had made it more grown up for me while she was stuck in bed. It no longer had the collar, which as I got a little bigger began irritating my neck. She had cut it out so the rim of the neck just hit my collar bones, she even added a little lace to make it look cleaner. She used to cloth at the puffs on the shoulder of the sleeves to make the serves longer. They fit me perfect now, she gave those lace too. She didn't do much to the bottom of the dress other than add the all popular lace so it would match. I wear her black shoes over my stockings now, since I can't fit mine anymore.

Once I was dressed I pulled the hair that would otherwise hang in my face back with a bow like my mom used to do for me, and then I did for myself as I got older. I then when to a shelf in the room and grabbed a small box, about the size of something shoes would come in. I carefully laid Snowball in it, putting a handkerchief over him just in case he got cold. Once the box was closed I went to the door and pushed it open. I had to burn Maria's body. She had been too big for me to bury at the time she had died so I had no choice. I wanted to bury Snowball some place that meant something.

I walked for about an hour. It was still early and the air was cold. It was late autumn and it both looked and smelled like it. It hadn't snowed yet, but I was sure it would soon.

When I reached my destination I almost dropped my furry friend's makeshift casket. The mansion...my childhood home...the home that was burned down... It was still standing. Had someone rebuilt it? I didn't know. My now wobbly legs slowly led me to the backyard. The flowers were there again. I slowly kneeled down where Snowball and I used to play. My hands carefully dug a hole. I was unable to feel my fingers from the cold dirt by the time I was done. A gently placed the box in the hole and covered it, picking a white flower and laying it over the little pile of dirt. I stood slowly before turning to the house.

Should I- should I go in?

I took a sharp breath before walking back around to the front door. If it was locked I would turn around and go home- my new home. My hand slowly reached for the door knob and twisted it. The door swung open with a soft creak.

That was surprising...

I slowly stepped in, looking around. It was so similar to what it was before. I began going through the rooms, avoiding the basement and my father's old place of work. I didn't want to go down there. It worried me that it might not have burned down. Maybe I was just paranoid.

I felt a tugging... Nothing painful or even really odd...it just was...

I soon came to the library. My hand slowly went to the knob and pushed it open.

________________________

A/N: so, I really like this game though I thought the ending was a little too quick... This one I think will add a little something. Or not. Maybe I'm just bored. Either way, hope you enjoyed c: